Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on Epiphone sunburst Gibson Les Paul

Options
  • 02-03-2005 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭

Anyone have one of these?

Just curious as to other peoples opinions on it.
    Have mine about a year now (couldn't afford a real Les Paul at the time but wanted/needed something nice)

Besides the wide neck (Lisa Simpson sized fingers don't help!) it's been a joy and still one of the best guitars I've played even though it's an epiphone....

Comments

it's what i play, see the sig, i'm getting a telecaster in the summer too, but at the moment it's my pride and joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

I was thinking of getting one of those. Is there a better looking guitar?

not in my opinion, obviously the Gibson version is streets ahead but it's been a nice experience learning on it and you get good comments about it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

personally i don't like sunbursts and don't think i ever would buy one... just my opinion.. as for the guitar itself great job!!! streets ahead of the fender (squier) copys... the tone controls actually work on epiphones... i think this is the sexiest guitar in the gibson range (in blue mist)...class

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

One of these days, I want to own a Silverburst Les Paul. Not unlike this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38086&item=7304067938&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

80's glory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

just thought I'd update my sig with my little babies.....
    Cheers for the comments lads, you just confirmed what my neighbour and I think about this guitar. I wouldn't mind but he has a real telecaster and he much prefers mine when we jam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

You can get a much better guitar for what you'd pay for an Epiphone Les Paul, see www.chrisguitars.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

JC 2K3 wrote:
    You can get a much better guitar for what you'd pay for an Epiphone Les Paul, see www.chrisguitars.com

Got mine with a sweet case (furry inside, hard as nails outside and worth ~100EUR) for 550 EUR - don't know if that's a particularly good deal but at the time I didn't really care. I was like a little schoolkid in the shop when I saw it and hadn't even intended to get the Les Paul but emotion overtook me and here I am with a guitar that I actually play regularly.

More people should play instruments, the world would be a much cooler place!

Advertisement