Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mounting a Bluetooth display unit

Options
  • 26-11-2014 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

I've tried most of the tapes to secure the screen of the unit to the dash but it just won't stick, has anyone ever used anything other than tape or does anyone have any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What screen is it, and what car is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭frank gallagher

colm_mcm wrote: »
    What screen is it, and what car is it?

Noveo screen to an a3 dash.

Trying to mount to the right of the steering wheel above the heater/air vent

What year A3?

What year A3?

Sorry, o7 sportback, the dash is kinda pimply if you know what I mean, it's more textured than smooth

Is that the kit with the seperate keypad?

• Advertisement

Is that the kit with the seperate keypad?

It's the truelyone its a 2 piece kit, screen and remote if you want to call it that

Cool. I'd be mounting the screen far away in your line of sight, up in the corner of the windscreen at the end of the "A" pillar there's a little ledge you could put it on. Otherwise you could mount it in the middle far back on the dash where the defog air vents are. Allow enough cable length to go to control pad though.

Cool. I'd be mounting the screen far away in your line of sight, up in the corner of the windscreen at the end of the "A" pillar there's a little ledge you could put it on. Otherwise you could mount it in the middle far back on the dash where the defog air vents are. Allow enough cable length to go to control pad though.

Think you might have misunderstood me lol

It's all installed, I just can't get the screen to stick to the dash

I understand you.
    You have it in a silly place though :)

You need layers of foam tape. Prep area so its completely clean and dry.
    Start with thin tape. Make sure its stuck really firmly to dash. Then stick foam tape to this take, then foam tape to underside of Bluetooth screen, then stick one to the other.

Hope that makes sense.

I understand you.
    You have it in a silly place though :)

You need layers of foam tape. Prep area so its completely clean and dry.
    Start with thin tape. Make sure its stuck really firmly to dash. Then stick foam tape to this take, then foam tape to underside of Bluetooth screen, then stick one to the other.

Hope that makes sense.

not the 1st time ive herad that !!!

sorted, got a tape from the local diy store - mammoth tape, seems to have don the trick with the layering

cheers colm

• Advertisement
Advertisement