Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Satnav upgrade

Options
  • 24-11-2014 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭

I have a Garmin Nuvi255 from the stone age, is it worth my while get an upgrade, or would I be better off buying a new one,
    It currently has Ireland and Europe, but Ireland would do me, what's it likely to cost, keep it simple as I'm a bit of a technophobe.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

I changed my Tomtom recently. I could have paid €79.99 for a years worth of updates, or €129.99 for a newer model, with lifetime updates.
    No brainer really.

I also find the new one seems to lock on to satellites much quicker than the old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,521 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

[...] I could have paid €79.99 for a years worth of updates, or €129.99 for a newer model, with lifetime updates.[...]
    ^^This. ^^
    [...] new one seems to lock on to satellites much quicker than the old one.
    ^^And this. ^^

Halfords usually sells them in good prices around Christmas time, and very good prices after Christmas time, so just be patient if you're not in hurry - I bought mine last year for approx 120 (IIRC) including lifetime updates for full Europe maps.

Advertisement