Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 4K TV 50 Inch what one to buy ?.

Options
  • 17-07-2015 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭

Hi guys i am just about to sell my Old Panasonic GT20 42 inch there today and i am now in the market to replace it with a 50 INCH 4K.

I have been looking at a few different tvs over the the past week and really cant make my mind up with to go for.

They need to have Netflix 4K, Spoity and at lest one HDMI 2.0 into it witch will more then likely be used with a 4K Blu Ray player when ever they come out.

The models i have been looking at are

LG 49UB820V

PANASONIC VIERA TX-48CX400B

LG 49UF770V

Sony KD-49X8305C. I can get this one at trade price and the only thing that is making me say no is the TV OS is post to be a bit crap and notting really on it app wise

So out of them 4 TVS what would be the best one to go for as i have been using a plasma for the past 4 and 1/2 years what would have the must like picture of one ?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Dazzling D

I would say the Sony has by far the best Smart platform this year! Sony are the only brand that uses Android so it has a greater variety of content than any other brand and is a lot more flexible than others!

For example, you won't get up to date movie rentals on LG/Samsung/Panasonic but you do on Sony through the Google play store. Also, Sony are the only brand to build in Chromecast (Googlecast) which means it plays more nicely with displaying content from apps on your phone/tablet/PC wirelessly. Also, you can download apps from the Google Play Store which lets you have Airplay on Sony TVs without the need for Apple TV which other brands can't do.

That's just for starters! Samsung have a great platform but their main app was RTE Player last year which they don't have this year. LG don't have any interesting content at all that I can think of. Neither of those brands play nicely with iPhones/iPads

I have been looking at that Sony myself and the 49X8509 model and see that it has come down in price this week with a 5 year warranty. Plus it is a 100Hz panel which not all 4K TVs are, is dual tuner and HDMI 2.0. No Spotify that I know of but I get that from my Playstation

Advertisement