Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business agreement - Sale agreement

Options
  • 07-08-2014 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

First time poster here.

Small back ground, im in the finance/ accountancy game and also P/t farmer. as part of my professional and college exams we did 2 years of Law.

2 weeks ago i went to look at a tractor. Price was €18,600

Agreed to buy at €18,600 and he would take my tractor €10k as trade in. ie i would pay €8,600. He said he would come last week to look at my tractor first before doing the deal.

So no word from this lad after 3 or 4 calls and text and i advertise my tractor on donedeal. Few people interested and 2 viewers within 48hours.

Friday last week he calls me and says he wants €9,000 with my tractor (i agreed after a return call) and its a deal and would take my tractor as trade not looking at it and to take down my tractor ad and he would also. both adverts were down within 1 or 2 hours.

so roll on yesterday afternoon and he came to deliver the tractor, I had the money here and he kicked on the deal.

He is a company trading in tractors and plant equipment, I would be a farmer in this capacity.

So is be bound by his agreement

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Legal advice can't be sought here. I would have thought two years of law would have involved Contract. Perhaps referring to your notes might provide some enlightenment?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Bepolite wrote: »
    Legal advice can't be sought here. I would have thought two years of law would have involved Contract. Perhaps referring to your notes might provide some enlightenment?

it involved contracts but i was more quering how enforced is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

it involved contracts but i was more quering how enforced is it?

As enforced as you make it I suspect.

Advertisement