Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Using Irish Phone in USA

Options
  • 20-04-2014 4:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

So I've been using my American Phone for a while with the carrier MetroPCS. I want to use my phone from Ireland which is a Samsung S3. When I insert my MetroPCS sim in it tells me to type a unlock code in. Where do I go about getting an unlock code from?, also do I unlock it as a European phone or American?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

Where did you purchase your phone? And on which network?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

The phone can be unlocked by the original network it was purchased, if you are the person who had the associated contract and have fulfilled whichever condition they require to provide unlock codes (worst case sensation you will have to have finish the original contract duration on post paid, or top-up a total amount over something like 150 euros on prepay - but sometimes it is more flexible)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

You can also buy an unlock code from Ebay. for around €10

Advertisement