Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tommy Hilfiger up to 50% off Sale - [eu.tommy.com]

• 24-07-2014 2:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

Have to give them credit that they didn't bundle Ireland in with the uk.tommy.com site (One of my pet hates :mad:). But I must admit, I haven't been very active on this site. If I was looking for a pair of John shorts, that I knew to be €95, and found out I could get them for €48, I'd be all over it.

I bought 1 item, but others will/may find more.

Tommy Hilfiger up to 50% Sale

There are some good deals to be had (for TH) if you rummage, compared to the prices they are in a bricks and mortar store..

MDi85DW.jpg?1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,283 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Thanks OP but I'll stick with Sportdirect.com more my budget :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

Thanks OP, good find, but even at 50% off it's very expensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,575 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Thanks OP. TH us expensive but some of their stuff is fairly long lasting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

The stores have a "Sale" on at the moment and the prices are about the same as the online "Sale". Still expensive alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

cheers for the heads up OP, had a quick look , very very expensive !! Had a look at a few hoodies that seemed nice and 'reasonably' priced , but out of large size.

• Advertisement

Must check out the shop if they are running a sale too, dont like buying clothes online as you cant judge it without trying it on. Prices look good to me on a lot of things, certainly not what I'd call expensive.

Must check out the shop if they are running a sale too, dont like buying clothes online as you cant judge it without trying it on. Prices look good to me on a lot of things, certainly not what I'd call expensive.

not expensive ? there is a pair of shorts reduced from €109 to €55 !! Can you point to me to a cloths website which you would consider expensive ! Just for a matter of interest. I know the quality of clothes is good, and I liked the look at a few hoodies, that at half price were not too bad, but €109 for a pair of shorts !

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tom_murphy112

wow that is some expensive prices.. I am most sure it is prob made in the same factory as penneys some where in Asia.. and I wonder who is getting all that money

2smiggy wrote: »
    not expensive ? there is a pair of shorts reduced from €109 to €55 !! Can you point to me to a cloths website which you would consider expensive ! Just for a matter of interest. I know the quality of clothes is good, and I liked the look at a few hoodies, that at half price were not too bad, but €109 for a pair of shorts !

I was looking at the shirt and polo prices mostly and good shirts for around 65 euro and polos for 40 odd quid is good value imo (providing you find stuff you like of course). You will pay more than 40 and 65 respectively for good shirts and polos outside of sales.

As an example I paid 120 for a Boss polo a while back.

I was looking at the shirt and polo prices mostly and good shirts for around 65 euro and polos for 40 odd quid is good value imo (providing you find stuff you like of course). You will pay more than 40 and 65 respectively for good shirts and polos outside of sales.

As an example I paid 120 for a Boss polo a while back.

120 for a polo shirt?

Oh no recession over there then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

rob316 wrote: »
    120 for a polo shirt?

Oh no recession over there then!

What business is it if yours? YOu come across jealous. If someone wants to pay that, it's their choice. I wouldn't myself. Have to say €65 for tommy hill jeans is vey good IMO. They last twice as long as h&m jeans and the particular style/shape I buy fit me like a glove. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

wow that is some expensive prices.. I am most sure it is prob made in the same factory as penneys some where in Asia.. and I wonder who is getting all that money

Just because two items are made in the same factory, it doesn't mean the quality is the same. Any if the clothes I've bought off them has been worth the price, the quality is unreal.
    I suppose I could just buy it in penny's, but it's a bit annoying when stuff becomes washed out after 2-3 washes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Good quality clothes! You get what you pay for!

Good sale tbh. Thanks OP

What business is it if yours? YOu come across jealous. If someone wants to pay that, it's their choice. I wouldn't myself. Have to say €65 for tommy hill jeans is vey good IMO. They last twice as long as h&m jeans and the particular style/shape I buy fit me like a glove. Thanks OP.

It's a joke relax. I'm not jealous just find it mad paying 120 for a polo most I ever spent was 55/60 on one. 65e for tommy jeans is really good no one was disputing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Irishnige

Cheaper to get a flight over to NYC but out to Woodbury and get the polos for $20, TH is so expensive here nice stuff but way overpriced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

It's a joke relax. I'm not jealous just find it mad paying 120 for a polo most I ever spent was 55/60 on one. 65e for tommy jeans is really good no one was disputing that.

Sorry rob, I read it all wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭bdo

Irishnige wrote: »
    Cheaper to get a flight over to NYC but out to Woodbury and get the polos for $20, TH is so expensive here nice stuff but way overpriced

You can't compare Tommy clothes in Woodbury with Tommy clothes on their website.

Woodbury is an outlet mall; clothes in Woodbury Commons are seconds (for millions of reasons of out such as the clothes being out of season, last year's stock, not enough stock to go into all of the stores, not enough sizes, etc etc etc.)

If you want to compare Tommy's prices, compare their USA site with the EU site. Sure they are cheaper, but you still have to pay for the flight.

(I loved going to New York by the way and taking the bus out to Woodbury - in the good ole days).

120 is expensive for a polo shirt, I'm not denying that but I'm a big fan of polo shirts I wear them almost everyday and this was probably one of the nicest ones I've ever bought, 80 to 100 is petty much the norm for TH, Ralph etc.

For what its worth most of my clothes I bought in the US or people picked them up for me over there so I probably paid 50 to 60 euro on average but for stuff that would be up on 100 euro here.

Anyway my original point was that there looks to be some good value in the TH sale.

right, price aside , are the tops tight fitting ? I would normally take a large, but if it was a tight fitting large it would be a bit too small.

2smiggy wrote: »
    right, price aside , are the tops tight fitting ? I would normally take a large, but if it was a tight fitting large it would be a bit too small.

I find it varies to be honest (with all brands), but I think TH arent the tightest fitting and if you normally take large then it should be ok.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I find it varies to be honest (with all brands), but I think TH arent the tightest fitting and if you normally take large then it should be ok.

Unless it's a slim or tailored fit.
    Just need to watch out for that.

Advertisement