Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with my pay from work.

Options
  • 13-05-2010 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I need some help regarding a problem I am having far too frequently with my pay from work. If this is in the wrong section, I apologise mod's!

For possibly the 7th or 8th time in 2010 I have been paid late - I'm supposed to be paid on every Thursday, but now it will not go through until tomorrow (friday).

I have debits coming out of my account - Car tax and Insurance, and also for a savings account. The savings come out on a Friday, but obviously this is coming out of an account that has less in it then should be... Yesterday, I received a letter from BOI saying that they have had to charge me due to late payments made regarding the debit, and the fact that it is happening too frequently.

I am wondering if anybody could help me with this, and let me know what I can do - What do I say in work with regards to them making my Credit Rating look awful on a regular basis? Can I demand that they repay the charges that have been made by BOI to me? Any help anybody has would be great.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

I wouldn't bother trying to get your job to pay the charges. The easiest thing is to move the days your bills come out of your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Mort5000

Yes, ask your employer to pay for the charges, it is their fault after all.

Irrespective of their answer, you should save more cash in your bank and accumulate enough so that it won't matter if you're paid a day later in future. No stress!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Just move all your payments to the Friday and you should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

you could ask your bank for a small overdraft for these instances. just extra in case its needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

You will have even bigger problems if they stop paying you though ! Go and have a chat with HR or work colleagues to see why it is happening.

• Advertisement
Advertisement