Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nail polish brush clumped?? help?

Options
  • 17-04-2015 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭

Hi my OPI quick dry nail polish brush is a mess - the brissles are all matted together - how do I fix it?
    I do not know how it happened? Maybe I used it on nail varnish that was not fully dry?

The bottle is nearly full so really wanna resolve this.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I've 'washed' clumped up brushes with nail polish remover before, squeezing off the excess with a clean tissue afterwards. It works well. Hope you get sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭sporina

dee_mc wrote: »
    I've 'washed' clumped up brushes with nail polish remover before, squeezing off the excess with a clean tissue afterwards. It works well. Hope you get sorted!

i tried nail polish removed but it did not work - what about acetone? i have from of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

sporina wrote: »
    i tried nail polish removed but it did not work - what about acetone? i have from of that?

Oh I'm not sure, I usually use a remover that contains acetone but the pure stuff could be too strong and just 'melt' the brush... can't advise, sorry!

dee_mc wrote: »
    Oh I'm not sure, I usually use a remover that contains acetone but the pure stuff could be too strong and just 'melt' the brush... can't advise, sorry!

yeah i was thinking that - maybe i could mix some acetone with nail polish remover

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I've tried the nail polish remover trick before and it didn't work for me.
    I find it tends to happen with varnishes I've had a long time that I don't use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

leave it soaking in nail polish remover for a little bit to shift it. or just use the brush from another polish? just wipe it down with remover first so you dont transfer any colour over

leave it soaking in nail polish remover for a little bit to shift it. or just use the brush from another polish? just wipe it down with remover first so you dont transfer any colour over

i tried using another brush and it wrecked it

but i brought it back to boots to ask them what to do with it and they gave me a new one - thats customer service

i did buy it there, but the outcome was not what i had in mind

delighted

Advertisement