Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Trinity Students, help me!

• 05-08-2015 3:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,
    I'll be starting an English Studies course in Trinity this year, and have made arrangements which mean I'd have to leave the course at 1pm, three days a week. I have a hunch (!) that this might not be sustainable, but just to make absolutely sure before I change my plans completely-- what are the usual hours for a first-year student?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Leave from 1 until what time? Lectures can begin as late as 6 (IIRC).

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Pawnmower

Until about five in the evening--how common is it for lectures to be that late?
    Thanks

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Pawnmower wrote: »
    Until about five in the evening--how common is it for lectures to be that late?
    Thanks

I didn't do english, but in general I think lectures after 5 are rare, though they do happen.

Anyway, it's the tutorials that matter - they're compulsory, unlike lectures.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Pawnmower

Thanks, I seem to have gotten my terms mixed up-- tutorials were what I was referring to (:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭qweerty

Yeah, sorry to say that it's unlikely to be a runner. One thing you can be sure of is that your lectures/tutorials will be spread throughout the week and throughout the day. You can usually switch between tutorial groups at different times, though. And you might find that not much is lost by missing a particular lecture. I'd say, delay cancelling as long as you can. But don't be overly optimistic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Pawnmower wrote: »
    Thanks, I seem to have gotten my terms mixed up-- tutorials were what I was referring to (:

I had tutorials at 5pm and 6pm on Thursday for the last 2 years(other arts course). Generally if you are in course with a ton of students, there will be a few different tutorial times. If you have a good reason to switch eg job, lecturers will let you switch no problem. Other lecturers will want you to find a student to swap tutorials with.

I wont sweat it until you get your timetable

Advertisement