Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Trinity College Dublin, accommodation?/ finding roomies!

• 04-03-2015 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hey, I'm a deferred applicant, so I'll be attending trinity college this coming September (2015).. So, I'm kinda looking into accommodation now- I'm not sure if I should go to halls, or to find a place of my own, and then meet some people on the tcdsu and find some roommates!
    I am quite a shy person, so I do think a place as social as halls would be really quite daunting and I think I might be just totally out of comfort zone 24/7.. Same time, though, I think it'd be easier to make friends that way (by going to halls)?? Also, I'm going to be studying children's nursing, so with long placement hours and so, I dunno if that'd leave a lot of room for going out often (or am I being a dry ****e?!) With finding other people and getting other people for roomies and finding a place of my own, I think I'd find that helluva lot better, and much less daunting- again, on the other hand, am I limiting myself here? I feel like I should kinda know what to do now, so I could be starting to look at places now, before it gets too hectic in august!
    Thanks xx (:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 LC767

I couldn't recommend halls more! I was there last year and I'm very shy aswell but it was so easy to make friends since a lot of people are in the same boat. And there's no pressure on you to go out, for fear you'd be seen as dry. As long as you make the effort in the first week then it's fine if you don't want to go out after that.

I'd say try for halls this year and then you'll know people to go searching for an apartment in second year. That's what I did (and am doing) anyways :)

Advertisement