Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

TCD Accommodation

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LauraaWhelann

Did everyone get their email for second round of offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AmyT73

Anyone in building 80 ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭nailforhammer

Did everyone get their email for second round of offers?

no but that's because I wasn't successful :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11 binaryjigsaw

Hey, Anyone in building 83? apartment 05? room 03?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 recoil_money

**** man I'm your roommate!! And it was you and all I replied to earlier in this thread about sharing a room. Haha what are the odds

• Advertisement

**** man I'm your roommate!! And it was you and all I replied to earlier in this thread about sharing a room. Haha what are the odds

Hahaha. Trinity hall warden must follow this thread!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭nailforhammer

I'm in apartment 4 of 83

I'm in apartment 4 of 83

Hello new neighbour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Does anyone know what the single ensuite rooms in the GMB are like?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RoRo979

what is the average monthly cost of staying in trinity hall? including bills/food/rent etc? Im assuming it would end up being cheaper staying in trinity hall rather than renting outside the campus?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mcratsix

RoRo979 wrote: »
    what is the average monthly cost of staying in trinity hall? including bills/food/rent etc? Im assuming it would end up being cheaper staying in trinity hall rather than renting outside the campus?

Food varies a lot depending on how much you eat and what you eat. It was roughly €6000 euro for my single room with my own en suite, that includes all bills. Then around 100 euro a month for your leap card, which you'll need to get to college unless you use the luas, which is maybe a bit cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

It's €620 per month for a single room in Cunningham House including utility charges, €742 for a single with ensuite.

Food is however much or little you wish to spend.

Student Leap Card caps out at a max of €20 per week, a 30 day non consecutive student rambler is €107.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Bah_Humbug

Does anyone know if your leaving cert results will be of any significance when applying for halls? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 LC767

nope! it's more about your extra curricular stuff so make sure to put down everything that you do and what you intend to do in first year (being active in societies and the likes)

Good luck with your application, halls is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 LC767

Quick tip, if you won't be 19 for awhile get a child's leap card. It works up until your 19th birthday and there's a cap of €8.20 a week on the bus and €14 a week on the luas and the bus. It works out much cheaper than a student one!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Look at cycling in/out as well if you don't want to spend money on public transport every day. May take that bit longer but can work out well for you. That's what brother and a few mates who were in halls in 13/14 did and saved them a good bit over the year

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Louis Lane 6

Is there any grants or funds available for students to help pay the cost of accommodation in halls or on campus?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mcratsix

Other than SUSI?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Louis Lane 6

mcratsix wrote: »
    Other than SUSI?

Yes other than SUSI and BTEA.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cfhvai

Hey guys im not banking on getting into Halls this year, so does anyone have any idea as to whether any decent off campus accommodation (ie not too far, ridiculously expensive etc) is usually left by mid august?
    if any half-decent accommodation is usually snapped up before you know if you got a place in Halls or not, whats the best course of action? Should I book now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 LauraKc

Hi I am looking for advice about first year accommodation. I would love to get halls but I can't count on it. Where do most first years who don't get halls go? Any advice would be great! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

There's other student accommodation such as Gateway, NCI, Griffith Halls, Shanowen Hall and a few others. Most of these would be full already, but it would be no harm to email them and get on a waiting list

There's lots of facebook pages such as Trinity College Freshers 15/16 you can join and team up with people looking for accommodation

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭retweet

Is there any grants or funds available for students to help pay the cost of accommodation in halls or on campus?

Would love to know this as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Ilovemycat

Hi! Does anyone know if you can apply for just trinity halls modern rooms, but not the trinity halls standard rooms? or do you just apply, and then (if you get in!) get randomly put where ever? thanks!

Ilovemycat wrote: »
    Hi! Does anyone know if you can apply for just trinity halls modern rooms, but not the trinity halls standard rooms? or do you just apply, and then (if you get in!) get randomly put where ever? thanks!

you can choose your preference when making your application, there's an option whether you prefer single or twin etc

i wouldn't state anything about it in your personal statement though, might make you seem fussy to the warden and unfortunately for you he can pick and choose

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Ilovemycat

Can someone please tell me the differences between campus accommodation and halls ? or is it the same thing ?? I'm totally confused over here:L

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭234

Trinity Hall is out in Dartry; first and second years. Campus is the actual college; normally only final years and postgrads.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭retweet

For Trinity Hall, Do you have to pay upfront for the year or is it paid in instalments?

retweet wrote: »
    For Trinity Hall, Do you have to pay upfront for the year or is it paid in instalments?

you pay for the first semester before you arrive, brings you up to 31 December. the other payments are usually due 2 weeks before the time begins

http://www.tcd.ie/accommodation/StudentsandStaff/Students/TrinityHall/Rates/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭PeterJC!

What do people usually put in their statements for Hall? Hobbies and interests? Societies they intend to join? Why they'd be good in Hall?

Advertisement