Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shenmue 3 kickstarter ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Shenmue has a cult following, no doubt. I know several guys in real life who would donate instantly if this happened. I imagine they would hit their target in no time at all.

Go for it, I say. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Surely a Shenmue game would need a budget way above the kind games on kickstarter tend to aim for.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Part funing in conjunction with a publisher? Assuming thats allowed by Kickstarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭FreezeUp

If Shenmue got a Kickstarter, I think I'd seriously consider dropping some serious coin on surely some great gifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Oh i'd be all for it I just think it would need outside backing too. The first game got me to buy a Dreamcast and the second came along while I had a ps2 and persuaded me to go out and buy an xbox!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZd0Mg3lCxhoz6m7FGCSptRBdvBwaMIyLP7se8utIYd6DZn022jA

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I can only dream

I can only dream

Speak up, Tweet and add to the movement!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

$20million would be the very minimum they'd need to even start. When you factor in that they would all be advance sales and that actual retail sales would suffer greatly as a result, I just don't see it happening.

$20million would be the very minimum they'd need to even start. When you factor in that they would all be advance sales and that actual retail sales would suffer greatly as a result, I just don't see it happening.

To be fair,look at what Duke Nukem Forever went through, and that made it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement