Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game for a 9 year old ????

Options
  • 28-02-2013 9:19pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 57 ✭✭

I want to buy a couple of games for my niece but i don't know what kind of games do kids like theses days.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Game for what platform?

Does she have a DS? 3DS? Nintendo Wii? Xbox etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Any of the Lego games, they run on pc, consoles and DS.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Minecraft - nothing else needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

If she has an Xbox 360 or PC, then Minecraft is perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

It would help if you told us what system she has?

Probable answer: Super Mario.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 57 ✭✭denver62002

It would help if you told us what system she has?

Probable answer: Super Mario.

Sorry !!! DOH !!! She has a PC..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Have ye any idea what genre of games she likes?

Chances are if ye don't and ye end up taking someone's advice here it might backfire on ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

GTA: San Andreas :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I like your niece already. Proper gamer! :D ( joking lads, though she is master race member! )

As mentioned above: Minecraft, though I would be surprised if she does not have it already,
    If she got a controller then Rayman origins would be a great start.

Amy lego games would be a good purchase. Something like lord of the rings would hit a spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Viva Piñata might be a good one. £2.69 from Amazon, or €19.99 :rolleyes: from GFWL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Polar101

Fable (3), perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Any recommendations for something for 9 year old boy on PS3 would be good also. Can be PSN or disk. Something hack n slash, in the line of God of War. I don't play this genre so havent a clue.

(Not trying to hijack this op, it might suit you too!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Polar101 wrote: »
    Fable (3), perhaps?

Me suspects you have forgotten some of the more adult parts of the fable games, although not particularly graphic would deffo not be suitable for a 9 year old lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

Agricola wrote: »
    Any recommendations for something for 9 year old boy on PS3 would be good also. Can be PSN or disk. Something hack n slash, in the line of God of War. I don't play this genre so havent a clue.

If he likes God of war...maybe Metal gear Rising. Seeing as parent's are ok with him playing God of war...Violence shouldn't be a problem...for the parents

image_metal_gear_rising_revengeance-20361-1854_0018.jpg
    That's not even close to god of wars violence

Too rich for me. Forgot to mention it needs to be sub 15 quid. Im only getting it for him to play for a wkend, after that it will catch dust for afew months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Darksiders, LOTR: war in the north

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Bayonetta, Darksiders or Devil may cry would be 9 year olds stables, lots of slashing and killing monsters but not as gory as god of war, but I guess the gore is part of the appeal for a 9 year old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

id recommend Playstation Plus,if you dont know what is it here is a link to the thread in a different part of the forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055942087

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Bayonetta, Darksiders or Devil may cry would be 9 year olds stables, lots of slashing and killing monsters but not as gory as god of war, but I guess the gore is part of the appeal for a 9 year old.

Oh my...Darksiders and DMC are PEGI16, Bayonetta is PEGI18 mind you; If parents (and adults in general) actually kept an eye on the suitability of games for children, adult gamers wouldn't have to face silly bans, modifications and controversy.

For a 9 years old, go with any of the LEGO games, alternatively Minecraft on the PC could do it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I've found most of the Lego games to be brilliant, even when it's one of the games with no actual dialogue they manage to be very funny. At the minute I'm playing bits and pieces of Lego Lord of The Rings, and it's great fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    Oh my...Darksiders and DMC are PEGI16, Bayonetta is PEGI18 mind you; If parents (and adults in general) actually kept an eye on the suitability of games for children, adult gamers wouldn't have to face silly bans, modifications and controversy.

For a 9 years old, go with any of the LEGO games, alternatively Minecraft on the PC could do it.

are they the games you played when you were 9, off the high horse will ya. The kid is used to god of war, the suggestions given are all less violent then GOW.

BTW Bayonette has a 15 cert not an 18;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

are they the games you played when you were 9, off the high horse will ya. The kid is used to god of war, the suggestions given are all less violent then GOW.

No high horse, when I was 9 it was 1989 and certainly the games weren't even remotely comparable to the ones we have today. If you don't know things, don't talk about them.

In all honesty I wouldn't give a fcuk and say "give him/her God of War and the likes", I really wouldn't care if silly parents let an immature child play things that is not suitable for them.
    Until, of course, said parents happen to pass by the screen and see their little "angel" playing the game and recoil in horror, mounting protests to "ban violent games", thus making their stupidity affect everybody else.

Makes no odds to me tbh, he's not my kid and his father is just happy that I have him entertained for afew hours. He's watched him playing Ass Creed 2 in my place plenty of times. He has a penchant for jamming the wrist blades into ped's faces. It's just weird!

Thanks for advice. Ill go with Darksiders probably

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

hmm a 9 year old....

football? rugby? hurling? soccer? maybe even snooker or something physically active for him?? remember your only a kid once.. i made memories as a kid then ate drank and slept video games for 1,000,000 years :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

hmm a 9 year old....

football? rugby? hurling? soccer? maybe even snooker or something physically active for him?? remember your only a kid once.. i made memories as a kid then ate drank and slept video games for 1,000,000 years :P

My son either trains or plays a match, soccer and gaa 7 days a week.plays soccer for the county on Sundays and still has time for minecraft ,its his chillout time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Pretty sure i wasn't playing games when i was 9 in the late 80s with riding in them :(

Advertisement