Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The State of things. (in terms of web design)

• 12-10-2014 1:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I am a youngish student in limerick. Studying IT - an aspect of my honors degree is web design/development.

I just want to ask you industry professionals a couple of questions:

>Are you guys getting work still?
    >Does it pay well? Is it worth it? ( i'm not talking what you charge hourly just what you think its worth to you good/bad etc..)

You can expand on these as much as you feel like doing or be as brief as possible.

The reason i ask is simple, I am at a critical point of my time in college, i must really focus on developing a set of skills that will pay me well and that will be fulfilling to myself.

I love web design - the entire process, for me some of my best work memories where getting businesses online for the first time. I was on boards before as a cocky teenager who had set out to take over the world and i was quickly cut down to size justly by some of the users on boards, and in hindsight i should have thanked them... but that's beside the point.

I thank you in advance for your feedback.

PS: if i have posted in the wrong place, sorry. :D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

thomas 123 wrote: »
    i must really focus on developing a set of skills that will pay me well and that will be fulfilling to myself.

I love web design - the entire process

You've answered part 2 already there. You love design and the design process so it's already fulfilling. Getting paid well depends on your level of skill and expertise which will build your reputation.

Best of luck.

Advertisement