Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ballinabrannagh

• 02-07-2015 10:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Myself and the better half are considering making an offer on a house for sale in the village of Ballinabranagh.

I am wondering what the area is like in general? It seems to be a nice and quiet village (which suits us) and looks like a great location.

As buying a house is a huge purchase, any background on the area is greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Nice, quiet area. Not a whole lot going on there though. Local national school, decent GAA club and some scenic areas. Not too far from Carlow Town and close to other areas such as Leighlinbridge, Bagenalstown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,714 ✭✭✭✭maccored

i live in crossneen which only over the road. really nice area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Really nice spot and great little community spirit

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Have friends who live out there and although it's peaceful the internet is shíte, which I'm sure probably matters somewhat to ya in this day and age. I believe there's a choice of Aptus who are local buy have low caps and Vodafone who are unlimited but seem to be around 5Mb throughout.

Just something to bear in mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Thanks everyone for the feedback
    Niemoj wrote: »
    Have friends who live out there and although it's peaceful the internet is shíte, which I'm sure probably matters somewhat to ya in this day and age. I believe there's a choice of Aptus who are local buy have low caps and Vodafone who are unlimited but seem to be around 5Mb throughout.

Just something to bear in mind.

I currently have Aptus where I am and while the caps are definitely a lowpoint, their uptime is pretty good. I would imagine Sky and Eircom broadband would also be options too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,714 ✭✭✭✭maccored

you should be able to get regionalbroadband. I have a 7mb down and 1 mb up connection. Sky and Eircom broadband will depend ... some people in crossneen have access, some dont (depending on what eircom pole each house is connected to). Im sure Ballinabrannagh wouldnt be much different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Thanks everyone for the feedback

I currently have Aptus where I am and while the caps are definitely a lowpoint, their uptime is pretty good. I would imagine Sky and Eircom broadband would also be options too?

I just signed up to Aptus and I have a 300gb usage allowance, I queried them a few months ago and the data cap was only 50-60gb but when I emailed them recently they told me about a raft of new plans that are not advertised (which I think is insane).

As soon as they told me about the unlimited (300gb) plan I ordered it right away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

I just signed up to Aptus and I have a 300gb usage allowance, I queried them a few months ago and the data cap was only 50-60gb but when I emailed them recently they told me about a raft of new plans that are not advertised (which I think is insane).

As soon as they told me about the unlimited (300gb) plan I ordered it right away.

Any details on what these plans are?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

tommycahir wrote: »
    Any details on what these plans are?

5M/512k with 300GB of data is €48 including VAT per month.
    7M/1M with 140GB of data is €49.99 including VAT per month
    7M/1M with 200GB of data is €54.99 including VAT per month

Not sure if the above are for new customers or what the craic is so give them a call. I found their website to be poorly built and lacking good information but once you get talking to them they are quite helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

5M/512k with 300GB of data is €48 including VAT per month.
    7M/1M with 140GB of data is €49.99 including VAT per month
    7M/1M with 200GB of data is €54.99 including VAT per month

Not sure if the above are for new customers or what the craic is so give them a call. I found their website to be poorly built and lacking good information but once you get talking to them they are quite helpful.

Ah OK now it all makes sense, they increased the packages limits at the end of last year (I went from 80GB to 140GB for 49.99) but obviously haven't got their website updated to reflect that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement