Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tough Mudder -Loughcrew Oldcastle Co Meath

Options
  • 06-07-2015 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hey guys, heading upto tough mudder on Saturday. I don't know Meath very well and was wondering if there was many hotels etc around this area. I wont be driving up so was wondering where the best place, area would be to stay, walking distance too this.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭promises

Afraid there is no hotel or B n B within walking distance. Would have to get taxi from Athboy or kells.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Goldenquick

If you contact the organisers, they will let you know about accommodation in Oldcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

Alt J wrote: »
    Hey guys, heading upto tough mudder on Saturday. I don't know Meath very well and was wondering if there was many hotels etc around this area. I wont be driving up so was wondering where the best place, area would be to stay, walking distance too this.

Cheers

Loughcrew is in the middle of nowhere (but lovely and steeped in history). I'd be inclined to bring my one-man pop-up tent with me (which I bought in Halford's for €30). Plenty of fields to camp in and farmers will be grand as long as you tidy up after yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭pooch90

B&Bs in Oldcastle off the top of my head- Currans B&B, The Fincourt Pub, Rockfield B&B. PM me if you need contact details for any.
    There are hotels in Virginia, either there or Kells, wouldn't bother going to Athboy.

Advertisement