Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw Food Diet

Options
  • 22-05-2009 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭

Has anyone here tried the raw food diet and survived...? I hear great things about it but heard it is difficult to sustain.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

i suppose it depends on if you like the taste - would stay away from raw meat BTW.

But also remember why we actually cook food - to make it more digestible and why we have evolved to have smaller jaws and smaller molar teeth - we're actually adapted to cooked food.

I think diet is about balance. Not too much of anything and enough raw to get enough B and C vitamins destroyed in excessive cooking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

i've heard the opposite about the raw food diet, and that it shows no discernible benefit.

it looks like some of the benefits that people find from the raw diet is purely because their new diet is better than their old one. It appears that the food being raw is not the key factor.

I'd agree with Indy, in that especially here in Ireland we overcook our food to a large degree. Boiling the crap and the good stuff out of it

Advertisement