Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Few problems, would like advice...

• 15-02-2008 6:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

2 issues in my life I feel I need to get sorted before things get any worse...

First is drug related. I've been smokin dooby since 6th class (I'm 21 now) and for the last 5 years or so I have been doing mdma/e/coke, more recently over the last 10 months its been twice a week on average (mainly pills about 3-6 when going out) but have moved away from the coke and cut down a huge amount on the grass.

Second and more importantly is lung cancer. After a very strange experiance about a month ago and I think I might be sick. I've lost alot of weight over the last 2 years (pretty much skin and bones now) and I think I might be loosing hair (I have pretty long hair and my floor is covered in it and quite a bit is left on the brush after tidying it...)

This could be down to the drug use and a really crap diet but I have been smoking for 11 years (clean for a month now exept for 2 nights ago did pills and had a few smokes) and have a history of cancer in the family (3 dead grandparents lost to cancer). I cant go to my GP as he is a friend of the family and has a big mouth. Where is the best place to go that can check for early signs?

I'm not sure if I want to spend 50 euro I don't have to go to somebody that can't diagnose cancer in its early stages. Also I think I know why I do the drugs, out of stupidity, the amazingness and bordom (psycological addiction and maybe depression aswell who knows...).

Any advice or suggestions on what I can do in regards to cancer testing and getting off the drugs for good would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

That €50 you're reluctant to spend would be the best €50 spent if you are sick. You know what you need to do. Get yourself to a GP straightaway.

Thread closed as we cannot offer medical advice here.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement