Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water outages in Clonmel

Options
  • 07-06-2010 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hey

Does anyone know what the story is with all the water outages in the north Clonmel area (Fethard rd, Cashel rd area)? The county council (or 'bouncy castle' as my 3 year old son calls them - might as well be one too!) never seems to know anything about it and the water always seems to go when they're closed (weekends, public holidays etc) with no notification on radio, their website or newspaper. Does ANYONE have any idea!?

Thirsty in Clonmel - at least we'll have low water charges when they're brought in

:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

Didn't experience any where i am Fethard road area.

but what about the Lime in the water? They expect us to pay for that? :(
    I've gone through three kettles, one washing machine and the shower is making awful noises these days!!! pots and pans are all stained with it too.

Our water was grand til about a year and a half ago when some unknown official decided to switch us over to the god-awful supply from Lisronagh - HArd Hard water instead of the soft Glenary stuff we were getting for years, a cuppa is horrible these days :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Spot on there Fionn,we had to buy a new kettle recently as the other one finally gave up the ghost from the effects of the lime,every time we pour the water for a cup of tea we have to use a small sieve to collect the lime,and Mr Gormley wants us to pay for this !

• Registered Users Posts: 31 connie00

I don't see many outages but the water pressure is terrible sometimes, especially at weekends, sometimes the shower wont work due to the low pressure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 whatamothinks

does anyone know if we can do anything about this or is this just another decission some **** in power decided would save money so they could give it to the banks and nama. or pay for the councils juncket to new york for paddy day. my god this country, why are we not saying any more:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

does anyone know if we can do anything about this or is this just another decission some **** in power decided would save money so they could give it to the banks and nama. or pay for the councils juncket to new york for paddy day. my god this country, why are we not saying any more:mad::mad::mad::mad:
    People in this Country are just to quiet and don't protest enough,all they do these days is complain to Joe Duffy and that's the end of it.:mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement