Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Broken Car Wing Mirror - Audi A3

Options
  • 06-02-2014 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭

So I was trying to reverse out of a bit of a blind spot and I smashed my right wing mirror. The glass smashed and fell out. Unit is still there but wobbly. I am just wondering what is the best thing to do? Would any garage be able to order in parts and fix this for me? This has never happened me before and I am a bit of a noob when it comes to cars. :-/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can maybe fix it yourself with tools and replacement glass bought online or from a breaker but if you don't really know what to do it's probably best to let a local indy mech have a look first and give you a quote for repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

If the painted housing is damaged then its going to be expensive as you might need to get a replacement painted to match,
    but otherwise you could get the parts and repair it yourself as it would be pretty easy to assemble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

If the painted housing is damaged then its going to be expensive as you might need to get a replacement painted to match,
    but otherwise you could get the parts and repair it yourself as it would be pretty easy to assemble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

Just thought I'd update this, housing/bracket wasn't damaged just loose. I fixed it myself, it literally just clipped back on. Ordered the mirror online for a tenner, watched a youtube video on how to fit it and fitted it myself.

I initially rang my closest Audi dealer and explained what happened...they quoted me 400 yoyo's..........the fudge?? :eek:

Fixed it myself for a tenner. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭cletus

maguic24 wrote: »
    Just thought I'd update this, housing/bracket wasn't damaged just loose. I fixed it myself, it literally just clipped back on. Ordered the mirror online for a tenner, watched a youtube video on how to fit it and fitted it myself.

I initially rang my closest Audi dealer and explained what happened...they quoted me 400 yoyo's..........the fudge?? :eek:

Fixed it myself for a tenner. :D

Nothing like the satisfaction of doing a job yourself. Next up, servicing the car? ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement