Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI rumours etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

dfx- wrote: »
    The Bohs squad had Heary and Byrne....

Oddly their managers next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BornToRun88

Rovers had the desire and hunger maybe. After Dundalk/UCD, all bets were off on the others. Rovers right to the end could not hold onto a lead to save their lives. Two wins from the last 7 games tells its own story.

It comes with experience.

plays a small part but belief and desire is what got Rovers through the line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

plays a small part but belief and desire is what got Rovers through the line
    To be fair, a bad refereeing decision prevented Rovers from capitualting again in the last game of the season. I'm not saying Rovers didn't deserve it over the course of the season, but they definitely did do everything in their power to throw it away late on in the season and that is something that will need to be addressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

We may not go on to dominate Irish football, we cannot sign everyone, but it won't happen. Players will get nowhere near the wages on offer by champions of the past. Rovers in the past few years have let good players go in order to afford bringing in others. This will continue..

How come Shams made a loss last season so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

How come Shams made a loss last season so?

You should talk to your mate that gives you all your cutting edge info instead of fishing here. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

As much as I hate to say it, saying Rovers need a major overhaul is silly, if anything they need the opposite, keep the core squad with one or two additions

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Tbh they just need to replace Baker and Barrett. They've got great cover in midfield and isn't Sullivan due back soon?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Fenn too. Twigg and Stewart the only options next season without changes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I agree that Shams don't need many signings. They've a strong squad that won the league and since Bohs their closest rivals this season will have a weaker squad next season there really is no need to overhaul a winning team.

As they say if it ain't broke, why fix it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

CSF wrote: »
    To be fair, a bad refereeing decision prevented Rovers from capitualting again in the last game of the season. I'm not saying Rovers didn't deserve it over the course of the season, but they definitely did do everything in their power to throw it away late on in the season and that is something that will need to be addressed.

Didnt all hinge on 1 bad descision in Bray,what about Brennans dive for the peno against Pats,winters giving UCD a free kick when Sives clearly won the ball from which they scored the winner.Dennehy handling the ball on the line in the last minute against Pats and then they missed the peno.There are dozens of incidents during a season that change the course of matches and league titles not just a bad linesman in Bray,and the free kick which lead up to it wasnt even a free.

• Advertisement

paulcorr wrote: »
    Didnt all hinge on 1 bad descision in Bray,what about Brennans dive for the peno against Pats,winters giving UCD a free kick when Sives clearly won the ball from which they scored the winner.Dennehy handling the ball on the line in the last minute against Pats and then they missed the peno.There are dozens of incidents during a season that change the course of matches and league titles not just a bad linesman in Bray,and the free kick which lead up to it wasnt even a free.
    Can you not read or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Tbh they just need to replace Baker and Barrett. They've got great cover in midfield and isn't Sullivan due back soon?

Well... I reckon a few places he'll strengthen...

Considering even though he had Jennings he was after the Jamaican keeper, Id say he'll bring in a back up keeper. Sullivan wont be the same player he was when he left and Flynn/Sivves dont really cut it for me, or MON by the looks of things with him playing chambers/flynn/sivves/murphy/ stevens at right back throughout the season.

Then you may have a few want-a-ways. People like Sean O'Connor or Bradley that want first team action week in week out. Both of which can play ball so may be picked up by the likes of Fingal. We'd do a swap for Ronan finn and Conan Byrne if you're reading this Buckley.

Then obviously 2 strikers. Wouldnt be surprised to see Kilduff come back as MON's words at the AGM 2 (I think) years ago were positive about him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Ebbs wrote: »
    Then obviously 2 strikers.

148810_173876849293419_100000133168186_702465_4680752_n.jpg

Unfortunately.

Possibly, I'd say he's more likely to go to England. I doubt he'd go to another LOI club before he's had another crack overseas. But then again I would say that... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

In fairness now lads if Rovers were to sign everyone were "connected" with we'd have a squad of 50 paying them all about 10k a week. Thats if you believe half the BS on these pages.

All we need is 2 additional strikers. We have a very good squad as is and only need to replace Baker, Barrett and Fenn. Two would do there as Barrett didn't really play much anyway due to his injuries.

Its silly talk people saying and arguing about Rovers going on to dominate the league. Just over 1 title win in the past 16 years lets slow down a touch here. Yes it could well be a double next week but one title doesn't mean you're the new kings of the domain. For my money I think Derry will surprise people next season and also if Sligo keep their squad together with maybe one or two additions they will be serious contenders.

I think we need a wide player and a goalkeeper (unless this Jamaican lad is great) as well as a forward(s) too. Kavanagh is inconsistent albeit talented and SOC will apparently miss most of next season with his injury.

I wouldn't say no to some quality midfield strengthening either, if we let Bayly and/or Bradley go.

Bradley rumoured to be coming to us.

Mac Allister rumoured to have turned down Rovers and rumoured to be in england on trial.

Kenna undecided about Rovers/Pats read: hardball over more money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

I honestly don't think Bradley would fit in with the Pats formation and way of playing. As MON said, if you play Bradley you have to play 5 across the middle and give him the extra bit of protection. He is fantastic at times but useless in a 4 man midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

Can you not read or something?

I can read perfectly well thanks for your concern.I didnt know you cared.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Bradley rumoured to be coming to us..

Few better than Bradser on the ball in this league and a good free kick but he just seems to let too many games pass him by. Midfielders (in a 2-man midfield) in this league have to do a bit more work than he likes, even skillful ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

iregk wrote: »
    I honestly don't think Bradley would fit in with the Pats formation and way of playing. As MON said, if you play Bradley you have to play 5 across the middle and give him the extra bit of protection. He is fantastic at times but useless in a 4 man midfield.

So he can play in a 4 man midfield then :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

stovelid wrote: »
    I think we need a wide player and a goalkeeper (unless this Jamaican lad is great) as well as a forward(s) too. Kavanagh is inconsistent albeit talented and SOC will apparently miss most of next season with his injury.

I wouldn't say no to some quality midfield strengthening either, if we let Bayly and/or Bradley go.

We definitely need to replace Alan Mannus. That Jamaican chap looks very good in warm ups, however, I've never seen him play.
    Aidan Downes was prolific up front as a schoolboy, and I would much rather see him there than on the wing.

paulcorr wrote: »
    I can read perfectly well thanks for your concern.I didnt know you cared.
    Ok great, can you use that ability when posting please?

Thank you indeedy!

Any one got any ideas about will what happen to Bohs? everything here is so neagtive. So far the only thing I know is that players whose contracts were finished at the end of this season weren't not getting a new contract, don't know who those players are except Jason Byrne who has been released.

Any one got any ideas about will what happen to Bohs? everything here is so neagtive. So far the only thing I know is that players whose contracts were finished at the end of this season weren't not getting a new contract, don't know who those players are except Jason Byrne who has been released.

Noones been released just out of contract.

Powell, Rossiter, Higgins, McGlynn, Brennan, Murphy, O Connor, Gray and Quigley gone.
    But senior players Barry Murphy, Owen Heary, Ken Oman, Brian Shelley, Anto Murphy, Paul Keegan, Glenn Cronin, Paddy Madden, Raff Cretaro, Stephen Gray, Gareth McGlynn, Chris O'Connor, Aaron Greene and Ruaidhri Higgins are either under contract or have an option of another year with the club -- that option of a contract extension was offered to players as part of a deal which saw then take a pay cut earlier this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Noones been released just out of contract.

Powell, Rossiter, Higgins, McGlynn, Brennan, Murphy, O Connor, Gray and Quigley gone.

They are still here unfortunately (unless thats been announced in the last day or two), especially sicknote Gray, hasn't played since yous beat us 3 - 1. Jason Byrne, Jason McGuinness are gone. And I am assuming that is Anto Murphy and not Barry that you put. Although we have another two with an option, one of which is Shelley, dunno who the other is. Probably Heary.

For the lovers of Summer football, What are your plans for tonight ? :pac:

1st time ever im jealous of Rovers fans :D

For the lovers of Summer football, What are your plans for tonight ? :pac:D

Heading up to the testimonial...

Then cup final booze-up next Sunday. :)

• Advertisement

http://stpatsfc.com/news.php?id=4041
    The following players have already committed their future to St Patrick’s Athletic FC and discussions are continuing with a number of other players from the squad:

# Chris Bennion
    # Derek Pender
    # Ryan Guy
    # Dave Mulcahy
    # Danny North
    # Derek Doyle

We have 6 players :cool: North being the one we had to sign again, hes fuppin brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Has the PFAI transfer list come out yet? do you know when it will come out?

Mac Allister signed for Sheffield Untied.

best of luck to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

North being the one we had to sign again, hes fuppin brilliant.
    Terrific find alright - could do with losing a few pounds, but looks like a quality frontman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

Yeah he's tubby alright. Can never understand how a lad who's training a few times a few on a semi-pro set up can look like that!

Anyway, good to see Pats holding on to them. Need Pender, Bermingham, Kenna, Lynch, Mulcahy as well as those

best of luck to him.

Great to see, definitely one of the best Shels players we've had since we were demoted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

best of luck to him.

Agreed good player . Hopefully he'll have a big big future.

Shelly and Keegan to rovers.

Keegan be a good signing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Shelly and Keegan to rovers.

Keegan be a good signing.

Keegan, maybe. Shelly, no chance. He is off to the States anyway.

Apparently Sheppard is very close to signing for Rovers.

Rovers from what I hear

Baker
    Barrett
    Fenn all retiring

Bradly
    Bayley
    O'Connor
    Cowan all out of contract and being released

Murphy probably to Cork.

Of all the rumours of signings the ones with legs are Zayed, Shepaprd, Keegan and Kenna. The rest is just agent waffle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Rovers from what I hear

Baker
    Barrett
    Fenn all retiring

Bradly
    Bayley
    O'Connor

Murphy probably to Cork.

Of all the rumours of signings the ones with legs are Zayed, Shepaprd, Keegan and Kenna. The rest is just agent waffle.

I think Zayed will be looking at options in Libya. I wouldnt be so sure he is what you need either. A more workman like striker to help twigg out would be better imo of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I think Zayed will be looking at options in Libya. I wouldnt be so sure he is what you need either. A more workman like striker to help twigg out would be better imo of course.

I agree with the first part, that Zayed is looking at options in Libya, but disagree that he is what they want.

A 4-4-2 really suits him, and I think he and Twigg would make a good forward pairing - both capable of scoring and also setting up the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Keegan yes please

Paulw wrote: »
    I agree with the first part, that Zayed is looking at options in Libya, but disagree that he is what they want.

A 4-4-2 really suits him, and I think he and Twigg would make a good forward pairing - both capable of scoring and also setting up the other.

I think both players are goal scorers and both would play better with a work horse rather than another goal scorer. Zayed does play better in a 4-4-2 but when he had a player like O Neil beside him.
    I dont think Twigg will be able to do what a player like O Neil could do for Zayed and I dont think Zayed could do the job a player like O Neil could do for Twigg. Ya get me :confused::)

Anyway what it really boils down to is if i was a Shamrock Rovers fan, Id be much happier with a player similar to O Neil rather than another out and out striker.

Anyway what it really boils down to is if i was a Shamrock Rovers fan, Id be much happier with a player similar to O Neil rather than another out and out striker.

I don't think he would potentially be Bakers replacement, more backup for Twigg.

I don't think he would potentially be Bakers replacement, more backup for Twigg.

He would love that:D spent the majority of his time with us as a sub. Yeah I guess that would be the idea alright.
    I still think he will go abroad though and I think we may find that a lot of the leagues better players will be going abroad.

I think most clubs will be cutting back. Even UCD are reducing their budget and have let some backroom staff go and are also reducing their playing budget.

Fenn all retiring

Who will he sign for next!?

Bradly
    Bayley
    O'Connor

Murphy probably to Cork.

Can't argue with any of that although it would be ideal if Murphy stayed to provide cover Stevens but can't see that happening.

Keegan and Kenna most welcome. Hopefully we might go in for Kilduff again too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Who will he sign for next!?

where Rovers ship out all their unwanted strikers too, the Showgrounds..

where Rovers ship out all their unwanted strikers too, the Showgrounds..

Pádraig Amond didn't do to bad, probably would have been top goalscorer if he didn't head off to Portugal. Eoin Doyle scored a few too.;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement