Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Probably asking too much, but it would be nice to not have to go looking for all these guys now to collect the tasks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

corkie wrote: »

Oh freaking hell YES! Been waiting for that one for years... no really, two years!
    Should make the quick 5 min play really only 5 mins and not 20!

now we need a Collect ALL money button!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭corkie

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Probably asking too much, but it would be nice to not have to go looking for all these guys now to collect the tasks.
    god's toy wrote: »

now we need a Collect ALL money button!

Was out and away from the game but reports that the IRS building is now available! Should make collecting easier.

1ce52cbec29eda87089db970d773e8bd_500.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Has anyone else found that when you tap on the unemployment office to put all characters on jobs, it doesn't actually put them all on jobs as requested. I clicked on it this morning to put all on 12 hour jobs. It only put half the characters on jobs, the rest even though they had 12 hours jobs available to them, I had to manually put them on 12 hour jobs. Kinda defeated the purpose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭corkie

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Has anyone else found that when you tap on the unemployment office to put all characters on jobs, it doesn't actually put them all on jobs as requested. I clicked on it this morning to put all on 12 hour jobs. It only put half the characters on jobs, the rest even though they had 12 hours jobs available to them, I had to manually put them on 12 hour jobs. Kinda defeated the purpose.

Playing on Android? There is a bug in the game that prevents the job manager working properly on Android!

• Advertisement

corkie wrote: »
    Playing on Android? There is a bug in the game that prevents the job manager working properly on Android!
    Yep Android!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Not all characters have a 12 hour job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Homer Dog, bit random, but I love it. :)

I'd also love that Burns statuey thing, but can't justify spending that many donuts on a decoration that doesn't even improve your multiplier.

endacl wrote: »
    Not all characters have a 12 hour job.
    Oh I know that and I thought that was the reason over the weekend. But when I did it this morning, all characters who weren't put on jobs, bar one, had 12 hours tasks they could have done and I had to manually put them on jobs.

Oh I know that and I thought that was the reason over the weekend. But when I did it this morning, all characters who weren't put on jobs, bar one, had 12 hours tasks they could have done and I had to manually put them on jobs.

Yep even the 4hr jobs only send some of them and not them all. Andriod here too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

I haven't gone through the entire list of characters but does it not make sense the unemployment office only sends certain characters on tasks as in the ones that don't have jobs. Off the top of my head I noticed the public servants, Dr hibert and the kids don't get sent out.

Edit: good theory here actually, https://www.reddit.com/r/tappedout/comments/3mb0o2/theory_on_why_some_characters_arent_following_the/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Great theory alright!

Absolutely terrible coding if true, but great theory :D

It's a nice theory, but any 1st year programmer could solve that problem pretty instantly. I really doubt that a company like EA would... Oh, actually, I'm just remembering the pretty basic bugs in FIFA games, never mind. :P

Ah Halloween update is up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Won't load for me. Got the new loading screen but won't load past the tap to continue screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Typical......just after sending them all on 24 hour tasks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Job manager gone for me since update. Anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Didn't have it in the first place haha.

Job manager gone for me since update. Anyone else?

Yep here too. Think its related to the bug it had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

No IRS for me either, I timed nuking my Springfield nicely, just starting it back together when the update came in.
    Now have all buildings crammed in one corner

• Advertisement

Yeah, could have really used the job manager today, it saves me some much lunch time. I was in a mad scramble to get everyone else on jobs before I went back to my own!

Yeah, could have really used the job manager today, it saves me some much lunch time. I was in a mad scramble to get everyone else on jobs before I went back to my own!

Didn't realise how much I relied on the job manager. Takes ages to put them all on jobs! hope they fix it soon lol

I'm only level 19 but really struggling with money. Any pointers?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭blarney_boy

Ah yes, the old money troubles from level 17 . . .

the only fix is to invest donuts in decorations that add multipliers, was lucky with the recent tennis court decoration for Springfield heights 'bug' (since fixed) that allowed me create multiple tennis courts to get my multiplier over 100%

that and maxing out Friends points (so you get triple payouts for visiting neighbours) really helps to rake in the cash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Job manager gone for me too and I miss it. It hasn't gone permanently has it?

I've been having huge connectivity issues still, it seems to be brought on by an update and then when another update appears it fixes it. EA are just saying it's my iPad or wifi as I can access on my phone (which I can do on my wifi as well) but it's only tapped out I have issues with. Thankfully the Halloween update is working perfectly but I know when it ends I'll be stuck again.

Has anyone found loads of their friends are not playing the hallowe'en updat? I'm having trouble getting rid of my nightmares

I am finding it takes ages to visit friends at the moment. Even ones doing the event. Hunting and hunting for nightmares to squish. Doing my brain in.

Yes, the snakes are the worst. You can spend ages in a friend's town without finding anything.

Snakes are a disaster to find alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

The nightmares are a bloody nightmare to tap. Especially if they're anywhere near a building. Visiting neighbours is a waste of time. Nothing to tap.

• Advertisement

I don't care about any of the prizes apart from Hugo. Which nightmares should I spawn to maximise my chances of getting him does anyone know?

Hugo crafting target requires zombies and skeletons.

I've actually found this event to be quite easy with the crafting totals, previous event have required weeks of grind to obtain items but I have multiples of all the craftable items after only three days!

Stockpiling bones, rabbit ears, eggs and brains for future craftable items, hoping for more exciting items that trees and cabins in future acts

How do you choose what nightmares to spawn?

guil wrote: »
    How do you choose what nightmares to spawn?

When you click campfire. Choose the character to tell stories that has the picture of the nightmare you want.

It is taking way too long to go between the friends in my list. I just get rid of the shapeless things in each town that I can (which also takes ages) why do they have the screen zip about to place them? takes for ages!

Really getting annoyed with this event with all this stuff happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I'm calling it. It's a crap event.

• Advertisement

Hugo crafting target requires zombies and skeletons.

I've actually found this event to be quite easy with the crafting totals, previous event have required weeks of grind to obtain items but I have multiples of all the craftable items after only three days!

Stockpiling bones, rabbit ears, eggs and brains for future craftable items, hoping for more exciting items that trees and cabins in future acts

Is the Hugo crafting target to get him as a character you mean? I have him already.

I have huge amounts of the crafting materials and have crafted everything, most more than once too. I'm worried though that the second act will have new crafting materials and they'll go to waste. Anyone know for sure?

No I don't think they're going to get rid of the existing crafting resources, they may add new ones, however . . .

Got my Shop of Evil this morning on login, looks like I'm back to grinding daily tasks for the promise of some free donuts . . . sigh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Confirm donut spend magically unchecked again...

:rolleyes:

I spent 30 on The Raven today.

I'll spend donuts during this event "never more" now. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

Anyone else finding it slow to collect s'mores? Not sure I'll make it to the final prize.

• Advertisement

Nope - unlocked the final prize this morning, to be honest it's nothing special, just a big decoration that spawn nightmares every 24 hours, if you don't unlock it you're not missing anything . . .

just waiting for act two to start now, I have a couple thousand crafting resources to spend on new items, hoping we're going to get something cool to craft for acts two and three

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

This link shows what goodies are coming up in Acts 2 and 3 :)

***** Avoid if you don't want spoilers *****

https://simpsonswiki.com/wiki/The_Simpsons:_Tapped_Out_Treehouse_of_Horror_2015_content_update

I'm struggling to get the last Act 1 prize. I'm about 3700 short now.

Bored with the Halloween challenge. Not interested in the portal, have all other things crafted and upgrading the campfire just give hedges, sheds and tents. Everyone on 24 hour jobs until Act 2 starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Anyone manage to get the IRS?

I did a restart, stored everything and slowly build it up again but no sign of the IRS

I cannot seem to amass S'mores at all. Granted I've missed a few login times this week, but I didn't think I'd missed so many that'd I'd be 2200 off the final Act 1 prize with less than 24 hours to go.

I'm 2800 off but I'm only level 24 and the first few days I didn't really know what was going on.

I can't upgrade my campfire to level 4. Thought it was maybe the nightmares from friends town I needed as I had been checking mine but nothing is budging the 70/200 I have had for ages.

Anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

In the challenge where you tap nightmares, is there a glitch or something? I'm tapping zombies etc in my town, friends towns and the purple things, and it rarely moves!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭brianomc

I can't upgrade my campfire to level 4. Thought it was maybe the nightmares from friends town I needed as I had been checking mine but nothing is budging the 70/200 I have had for ages.

Anyone else?

Do you have the right nightmare spawning? It tells you which you need and then get the relevant kid to tell a story at the campfire so the particular nightmare type starts to spawn.
    Martin if you need zombies, Lisa if you need snakes, etc

If you have the right type spawning then I'm out of ideas. Sorry.

• Advertisement
Advertisement