Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Hell in a Cell 2015 Pre Show Thread *Spoilers*

Options
  • 23-09-2015 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,284 ✭✭✭✭

Takes place October 25, 2015, at Staples Center in Los Angeles, California

So far announced

The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar
    Since they defeated The New Day by disqualification at WWE Night of Champions PPV last night, The Dudley Boyz are expected to receive a rematch for the Tag Team Champions at the Hell in a Cell PPV event. Because of the current storyline and the finish of the championship match at Night of Champions, it’s possible that the rematch could be in a tables match
    WWE plans to booked Charlotte defending her Divas Championship against Nikki Bella and Paige in a triple threat match

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Seth Rollins vs Kane for the WWE title looks likely.

I'd say we'll get the Ryback - Owens Intercontinental rematch as well.

Wonder what's next for Cena.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Seth Rollins vs Kane Mr Glenn Jacobs Esquire for the WWE title looks likely.

fyp

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I hope Ryback gets his rematch on a Raw or Smackdown, I hope Owens is allowed move on from him asap

Pity Neville seems to be caught up with Cody Rhodes, he'd be a perfect first challenger for Owens

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I hope Ryback gets his rematch on a Raw or Smackdown, I hope Owens is allowed move on from him asap

Pity Neville seems to be caught up with Cody Rhodes, he'd be a perfect first challenger for Owens

Would love if his next challenger was .... Sami Zayn!

Haven't seen many updates on his return except for that his recovery was on schedule and that (he would be back before the end of the year) was originally being predicted at an October return for Zayn.

If Oct 25th (HIAC) is when Ryback has his rematch, it could be timed perfectly for Zayn to return after this (rivalry is done with) and attack Owens re-igniting their feud but this time on the main roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Would love if his next challenger was .... Sami Zayn!

Haven't seen many updates on his return except for that his recovery was on schedule and that (he would be back before the end of the year) was originally being predicted at an October return for Zayn.

If Oct 25th (HIAC) is when Ryback has his rematch, it could be timed perfectly for Zayn to return after this (rivalry is done with) and attack Owens re-igniting their feud but this time on the main roster.

Have Owens run through challengers until Royal Rumble, where Sami makes a surprise return and attacks him.

30 min Iron Man match at WM32 for the title.

Pure fantasy booking but thats what i'd do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Words cannot express how relieved I am that Brock vs Taker is almost certainly not going to be a match at Mania. Hopefully they let Brock slaughter Taker in the cell too. Taker approaching Mania unsure if he still has anything at all left is far more interesting than trying to make out that this haggard old man is unstoppable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Have Owens run through challengers until Royal Rumble, where Sami makes a surprise return and attacks him.

30 min Iron Man match at WM32 for the title.

Pure fantasy booking but thats what i'd do.

I think they're building to something like that, but not a hope will they be given a 30 minute match at Mania. Be lucky to get 15 with jobber entrances

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Taker approaching Mania unsure if he still has anything at all left is far more interesting than trying to make out that this haggard old man is unstoppable.

Would be interesting to pair him with Sting, who also fits that mould too.

Two old gunslingers, both wanting one final duel before riding off into the sunset.

Turns I'll be in the region around then for work...gonna try to go to this. Would by my 2nd WWE show and first televised show. Couldn't ask for a better main event to see live!

I've always wanted to see Takers entrance live..plus Lesnar...plus HIAC

• Registered Users Posts: 85,284 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Could be Ziggler

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

CRETvdhWoAAHu_T.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

kane-flame-to-the-face-meme-generator-i-used-to-be-like-you-until-i-took-a-flame-to-the-face-bfa46a.jpg?1324349174.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 37,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

jayus this thread is quite considering its this sunday

Seth will win by DQ i think

its hard to know where the taker/lesner match is going to go. I can see Lesner winning clean and then Taker will shake hands with him ending the fued. One theory i saw on facebook said' Taker will hit a tombstone and the lights will go out and the crow sound is heard and when the lights go back on sting is in the ring and hits taker and lesner wins setting up the mania 32 match'. would love to see that theory happen but with sting injured and the impossible task of getting somone past a cell into the ring in the dark.

the rest of the card is Meh tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

PTH2009 wrote: »
    jayus this thread is quite considering its this sunday

Seth will win by DQ i think

its hard to know where the taker/lesner match is going to go. I can see Lesner winning clean and then Taker will shake hands with him ending the fued. One theory i saw on facebook said' Taker will hit a tombstone and the lights will go out and the crow sound is heard and when the lights go back on sting is in the ring and hits taker and lesner wins setting up the mania 32 match'. would love to see that theory happen but with sting injured and the impossible task of getting somone past a cell into the ring in the dark.

the rest of the card is Meh tbh

He could hide under the ring..... but I dont see the angle happening personally.

The PPV has had a terrible build.

Lesnar and Taker just isnt a big deal to me this time round with a build similar to their WM30 match. lots of promos and not much interaction between the two. Since this is the rubber match, theres a serious lack of progression in this feud.

Kane wasnt even on the go home Raw to build towards the Rollins match. Im admitedly enjoying Kane v Rollins more than I should, but its still not a drawing factor to ordering the PPV.

Then theres US title match with no real build apart from the mystery surrounding who will answer it and Im expecting the opponent to be a let down anyway.

I think it will be a decent PPV from a match perspective, but the build up is just so poor and half assed that I have no urge to see this PPV this sunday.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    He could hide under the ring..... but I dont see the angle happening personally.

The PPV has had a terrible build.

Lesnar and Taker just isnt a big deal to me this time round with a build similar to their WM30 match. lots of promos and not much interaction between the two. Since this is the rubber match, theres a serious lack of progression in this feud.

Kane wasnt even on the go home Raw to build towards the Rollins match. Im admitedly enjoying Kane v Rollins more than I should, but its still not a drawing factor to ordering the PPV.

Then theres US title match with no real build apart from the mystery surrounding who will answer it and Im expecting the opponent to be a let down anyway.

I think it will be a decent PPV from a match perspective, but the build up is just so poor and half assed that I have no urge to see this PPV this sunday.

Samoa Joe for the Us title match. prob be someone like Dolph Ziggler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

and the impossible task of getting somone past a cell into the ring in the dark.

Not impossible at all. Just Stinger would have to be under the ring from before the crowd filter in.

I actually think this will be a good show. Tag title, US Title Open Challenge and the 2 HITC matches should all deliver on the night. Ryback/Owens could be a great hoss battle or it could be 12 mins of meh.

Bit of a prediction here, I think Seth beats Demon Kane. Kane then chokeslams and tombstones Seth, Sheamus cashes in to win the title. Next night on Raw Seth gets his rematch as per the Authority, only for HHH to screw Seth and embrace Sheamus. Following week we get the Authority saying they used Seth to get rid of Kane but all Seths moaning and complaining grew tiring and really Seth isnt The Man they thought he was so they have had Sheamus in their back pocket for weeks. And now Seths rematch is gone and the Authority say he will never get a rematch as long as Sheamus is champion.

So in my theory, storylines gets a shake up. New top face in Seth looking for vengeance against the Authority while Cena is gone and ultimately lead to Seth v HHH at WM. And im sure nobody will like this but I would bulk up the Authority with Barrett, Kevin Owens and possibly even The Dudleys to give the whole thing a fresh feel and make sure Seth has plenty of road blocks to get through.

Samoa Joe for the Us title match. prob be someone like Dolph Ziggler

Zigglers on the pre show and has begun a feud with Tyler Breeze. I feel it will be most likely Ambrose seeing as hes not on teh show anymore and they realisticly should be pushing a babyface to replace Cena.

Cena is booked for Monday as far as I know so we may not get a title change until then.

LeeJM wrote: »
    Ryback/Owens could be a great hoss battle or it could be 12 mins of meh.
    They are acpable of a good match but they had an awful match last month so I hope for a better showing but I feel they just dont click together.
    Bit of a prediction here, I think Seth beats Demon Kane. Kane then chokeslams and tombstones Seth, Sheamus cashes in to win the title. Next night on Raw Seth gets his rematch as per the Authority, only for HHH to screw Seth and embrace Sheamus. Following week we get the Authority saying they used Seth to get rid of Kane but all Seths moaning and complaining grew tiring and really Seth isnt The Man they thought he was so they have had Sheamus in their back pocket for weeks. And now Seths rematch is gone and the Authority say he will never get a rematch as long as Sheamus is champion.

If this goes that way, id fear Seth would fail to get over. Id have no sympathy if he was to turn in this way and it be hard to imagine him as a face so quickly. I fear a turn like this with no real built up tension would fall flat. And personally hope Sheamus doesnt cash in. Someone like Owens should have won the case.

That being said Im hating the MITB gimmick lately, its run its course in my eyes and become boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

If this goes that way, id fear Seth would fail to get over. Id have no sympathy if he was to turn in this way and it be hard to imagine him as a face so quickly. I fear a turn like this with no real built up tension would fall flat. And personally hope Sheamus doesnt cash in. Someone like Owens should have won the case.

That being said Im hating the MITB gimmick lately, its run its course in my eyes and become boring.

I dont think the fans would accept him initially even though most of his moves do get decent pops, but they could do a storyline where nobody feels sorry for him or likes him and basically he has to prove himself to everyone. Like a redemption type thing. Have Ambrose and Reigns be the last 2 to forgive him. And Id build Mania around the 3 Shield guys but not as a triple threat match but as 3 big faces to go over in marquee matches.

Also agree about MITB. It needs to be retired for at least 4 or 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

LeeJM wrote: »
    So in my theory, storylines gets a shake up. New top face in Seth looking for vengeance against the Authority while Cena is gone and ultimately lead to Seth v HHH at WM. And im sure nobody will like this but I would bulk up the Authority with Barrett, Kevin Owens and possibly even The Dudleys to give the whole thing a fresh feel and make sure Seth has plenty of road blocks to get through.

I like the angle & definitely the idea of Sheamus usurping his position but I have to say I'm not a fan of face turns like this. Seth has been an absolute d*** for roughly 18 months now with no redeeming qualities as far as a face goes. So I don't see why anybody should start cheering for him just because The Authority got tired of him being a whiny d***. By all means build up to it but if it were to happen on Sunday then within the space of a week you're suggesting that Seth goes from being the git that feigned injury abandoning his former Shield mates to being the top face in the company.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I think the WWE don't try hard to promote this show (the build hasn't been good as Joe said) because they think the HIAC name and Taker vs Brock will do that by itself. Not the right way to think about it but I doubt anyone is going to cancel their subscription over it especially as recently the PPVs have been pretty good even if I cared little going into them.

On Seth, I think something like that could actually work but not now they would need to have him start standing up to and going against HHH for at least a number of weeks building to that so the fans start seing him as somewhat anti-authority and not the whiney fellah he is currently being portrayed as. Then when fans actually want him to go that step further and fully go vs trips pull the trigger on Hunter / Sheamo screwing him over

Not the right way to think about it but I doubt anyone is going to cancel their subscription over it especially as recently the PPVs have been pretty good even if I cared little going into them.

True, I wouldnt cancel my sub but its not going to get any new subs either based on what happens on the giant infomerical called RAW.

From my own personal situation, my sub expred when my current CC needed updating in my paypal. I havent updated it yet and thus my sub expired. If it wasnt for NXT, I wouldnt subsribe again until the next PPV depending on the card.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Kane vs Rollins and Taker vs Brock NEED to have clean finishes. Reigns vs Bray too. All three feuds need to be moved on from after this PPV, and any screwy finishes stops that.

Wyatt to cost Lesner the match setting up a match at Survivor Series with wyatt winning with the help of the rest of the wyatt family but lights go out and taker appears and helps lesner. Royal Rumble Taker/Lesner vs the Wyatts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Wyatt to cost Lesner the match setting up a match at Survivor Series with wyatt winning with the help of the rest of the wyatt family but lights go out and taker appears and helps lesner. Royal Rumble Taker/Lesner vs the Wyatts

Id love to see something like a night of the Wyatt family on Sunday.

Reigns beats Wyatt in the opening match of the night but Wyatt reigns supreme on the night as a whole.

Strowman new U.S. champ and takes Cena(gets cena off tv) and Ambrose out, Rowan & Harper target the Dudleyz, they return one last time this time all four to steal the main event

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Pinkman

Rollins better get a clean victory over Kane. The only purpose of having Kane in the main event in 2015 should be to put over younger talent. We have already seen him make a fool of Seth every single week on both Raw and Smackdown so a decisive victory is needed. Rollins credibility as the champion is in tatters after such bad booking so they need to change the direction of his character fast and make him win more. It makes no sense having this cocky arrogant heel champion who then loses almost every match on Raw and Smackdown. I see he finally won against Ryback and Cesaro this week so perhaps WWE are seeing their own mistakes.

I hope we see Rollins buckbomb Kane. He's done it to Ryback before so I am sure he can pull it off.

Zigglers on the pre show and has begun a feud with Tyler Breeze. I feel it will be most likely Ambrose seeing as hes not on teh show anymore and they realisticly should be pushing a babyface to replace Cena.

Cena is booked for Monday as far as I know so we may not get a title change until then.

He's not advertised for next Monday's raw. In all the articles I've seen about it, it says he is taking off after Hell In A Cell.

I'm looking forward to the show. Many of the matches look like they could be very good and there are many intriguing possibility involving Cena and his opponent, Taker and Lesnar needing opponents for WrestleMania, possibility of a Sheamus cash-in and two Hell In a Cell matches,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

I'm looking forward to the show. Many of the matches look like they could be very good and there are many intriguing possibility involving Cena and his opponent, Taker and Lesnar needing opponents for WrestleMania, possibility of a Sheamus cash-in and two Hell In a Cell matches,

Exactly my thoughts too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,512 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just a reminder that the clocks go back an hour tonight in Ireland but don't in the usa for a few weeks so the ppv is on an hour earlier than normal.

Advertisement