Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

00 honda civic problem

Options
  • 10-04-2014 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Hi hope someone can help have a 00 honda civic 1.4 problem is when i rev it and let off it nearly dies and splutters sometimes when driving the odd time engine management light comes on i had it on a computer showed up nothing. I have changed coil, distributor cap, rotor arm, checked fuel pressure, engine management light goes off if i disconnect the battery for awhile anybody any idea what this problem might be Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Check around the throttle body area or the idle speed control valve. Also the MAF sensor. Im unfamiliar with these cars so im just giving a few things to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭88manta

What diagnostic system was used? Was it a professional one or one of those cheap scanners?

Some issue should have registered

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭peter bermingham

Ya it was one of them cheep scanners was a mate that scanned it said it showed nothing was a bit surprised myself seeing that the engine light was on ya would have thought if light was on it would show up something

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭peter bermingham

Also it only plays up when the engine is up to temp would it be the Lambda Oxygen Sensors theirs 100000 miles on the clock i think its time for it to go on a right computer to be sure

Advertisement