Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Space Station 13 (Irish Server)

Options
  • 26-01-2013 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

R23ZYYh.jpg

About SS13
    Space Station 13 is a 2d multiplayer space station simulator. Everything you can see in the world works, and most of it works. The world is fully dynamic; walls, airlocks, computers can all be destroyed, and they can also be built. There is a full atmospherics system, with pipes, pumps, gases, pressure, volume and temperature all accounted for.

You take on a role in the station, with roles like Captain, Security, Engineering, Atmospherics Technician, Doctor, Scientist and even Janitor.

Things happen, like meteor strikes, malfunctions, virus outbreaks, gaint spider and alien infestations. You can either work with the rest of the crew to save the station, or just try to survive.

Then there are game modes like traitor (where one or more players are chosen as traitors and giving objectives to complete, like assasinsation or theft), Nuclear Emergency and Changeling.

There is really way too much to the game to go into it here, but it's interesting, fun, and a really unique experience. It's not perfect, but if you can overlook it's flaws it can be brilliant.

You can find out more about the roles and systems on the station here on the wiki.

About Our Server
    I set up a 24/7 SS13 server, using the /tg/station_13 code for my friends and I to play on. I'm a game developer by trade so I started changing things about the game that I didn't like (the biggest of these so far is implementing a drag and drop user inferface, on top of the usual click based (item juggling) system).

Now I'm opening the server up to others who would like to join us. While not a strict roleplaying server we do want people to play their roles on the station, and griefing for the sake of griefing will not be tollerated (for example a traitor can do whatever it takes to complete his/her objective, but a regular crew member should not go around killing/maiming/bothering people).

How To Join
    To join register a free account on Byond (that's the engine SS13 uses) and post or PM me your username here. You'll need to download and install Byond to play.

I'll then add you to the whitelist on the server and PM you the connection details.

All the best,

Mark

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Looks cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Faerdan

Looks cool.

Hey Tar! Long time no see.

Vadagar (Dave), Mauler (Ross) and a few other of the old Wired players are the friends I was taking about. :)

Mark here, from Wired, btw.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hey Mark, hope all is well :) Best fun ever back then. Biggest reason i didn't want to leave galway for Dublin was wired. That's awesome, I already know the people playing! :-D
    Must give it a download.

Hey Mark, hope all is well :) Best fun ever back then. Biggest reason i didn't want to leave galway for Dublin was wired. That's awesome, I already know the people playing! :-D
    Must give it a download.

Yeah I had a blast running Wired, good times. I'm doing very well thanks :)

Are you still in Dublin then? How're you doing?

We've been having a lot of fun on SS13. The last day we were getting wiped out by giant spiders, who use our bodies as incubators for their eggs. Dave and I were the last survivors and he had the idea of modifying the pipes in Atmospherics to flood the station with toxic plasma, to kill the spiders. It worked great, until Dave accidentally set the highly flammable plasma alight with a welding torch. The fire spread to almost the entire station, killing Dave. It raged, fuelled from Atmospherics, until the heat broke windows in the hull and the vacuum of space put out the fire. I survived in the blast door protected bridge, until my oxygen ran out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

I have been playing a bit on the /tg/station 13 main server, it's great craic when there's loads of players on.

• Advertisement

Faerdan wrote: »
    Yeah I had a blast running Wired, good times. I'm doing very well thanks :)

Are you still in Dublin then? How're you doing?

We've been having a lot of fun on SS13. The last day we were getting wiped out by giant spiders, who use our bodies as incubators for their eggs. Dave and I were the last survivors and he had the idea of modifying the pipes in Atmospherics to flood the station with toxic plasma, to kill the spiders. It worked great, until Dave accidentally set the highly flammable plasma alight with a welding torch. The fire spread to almost the entire station, killing Dave. It raged, fuelled from Atmospherics, until the heat broke windows in the hull and the vacuum of space put out the fire. I survived in the blast door protected bridge, until my oxygen ran out. :)

Yup I live/work in Dublin. Going well. Still in Galway?

That sounds brilliant tbh, sounds like you can do a lot with the game. I've been trying to get the Byond confirmation email for an hour but they never get delivered to gmail address even when I add them to contacts/filters. Lame.

Yup I live/work in Dublin. Going well. Still in Galway?

That sounds brilliant tbh, sounds like you can do a lot with the game. I've been trying to get the Byond confirmation email for an hour but they never get delivered to gmail address even when I add them to contacts/filters. Lame.

And it's not in your spam either? That's very strange.

There won't be anyone on until later this evening anyway I think.

I was working Mon to Fri in Dublin until Christmas, now I'm doing that every other week (alternating between working from Galway and Dublin). Up this coming week.

Yup not in spam, byond give a warning that this happens though unfortunately. I'll get it working some time.

Yup not in spam, byond give a warning that this happens though unfortunately. I'll get it working some time.

Add me on Skype, Faerdan, and I'll let you know when we're all on.

I have been playing a bit on the /tg/station 13 main server, it's great craic when there's loads of players on.

Well you're more than welcome to join us anytime, just send on your Byond username if you're interested.

• Advertisement
Advertisement