Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HMV Alternative

Options
  • 25-01-2013 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

So HMV are done. Annoyingly still have 90 euro store credit but that's another story.

HMV was consistently the cheapest place to buy PS3 games. With every major realease they were atleast €5 cheaper than Gamestop and also gave much more in trade in value. Now there gone I don't want to have to shop in Gamestop plus with HMV and Game closed they have the majority of the market now.

So my question is does anyone have any good place to shop for games, online or bricks & mortar. Cause I don't want to have to pay Gamestop prices.

The Seal

Comments

I would try spend that 90 ASAP. Xtravision are not to bad for games either. Just a limited selection.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I would try spend that 90 ASAP.
    HMV are gone from Ireland and if they were still open, they wouldn't be accepting vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

B&M:
    Argos
    Tesco
    Smyths
    Xtravision

Online: Depends on platform but loads of options, few of them below - easy enough to shop around for best price.
    gamesnash
    amazon.co.uk
    ebay
    theHut
    Zavvi
    simplygames
    graingergames
    gameseek

Tinie wrote: »
    HMV are gone from Ireland and if they were still open, they wouldn't be accepting vouchers.

I see that now. I heard that vouchers are now accepted but they have closed the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,231 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I see that now. I heard that vouchers are now accepted but they have closed the shops.

Vouchers are being accepted in the UK stores, but the Irish stores are still closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

B&M:
    Argos
    Tesco
    Smyths
    Xtravision

Online: Depends on platform but loads of options, few of them below - easy enough to shop around for best price.
    gamesnash
    amazon.co.uk
    ebay
    theHut
    Zavvi

simplygames
    graingergames
    gameseek

I've found praticularily good deals on these sites. Seriously, buy online unless you see a bargain or some trade-in/whatever deal in a store that you can abuse because the manager's didn't think it through.

Advertisement