Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Black & Blue - PETA uses Pokemon game parody

Options
  • 09-10-2012 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Well this is a bit disturbing for a webgame
    Suprised the owners of Pokemon allowed this use of their brand,
    It would be a good message to get accross if they didn't compare Pokemon to Elephants....

http://features.peta.org/pokemon-black-and-white-parody/

pkmt.jpg
    The amount of time that Pokémon spend stuffed in pokéballs is akin to how elephants are chained up in train carts, waiting to be let out to "perform" in circuses. But the difference between real life and this fictional world full of organized animal fighting is that Pokémon games paint rosy pictures of things that are actually horrible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

I support PETA: people eating tasty animals!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Heh, it always struck me that Pokemon is pretty much the videogame equivalent of dog fighting. Keeping animals in tiny, cramped living conditions and only releasing them to fight other animals for your entertainment.

Still screw PETA.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,858 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm pretty sure Nintendo didn't let Peta use the franchise in this and are very much against it.

The use of 'parody' throughout sets off alarm bells for that. It's very obvious they are trying to get off on copyright theft by using the parody loophole in US law.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Ok so 'N' is the man behind PETA. Thought we'd seen the last of him at the end of black/white

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

PETA are a ridiculous group in fairness. Im all for helping animals but PETA just bring a level of crazy to it. I hope Nintendo can find a way to sue them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

This is like something out of South Park or one of the really bad hippy esque Simpsons episodes. It's a fcuking Anime PETA, you dumb bastards.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,611 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Not as ridiculous as their Super Meat Boy bull****

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I really, really hope Nintendo sue them. Didn't they moan about some game (Battlefield, maybe?) where you had to kill a rat in the opening level?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Damathon111

I think PETA should be reclassified as terrorist organization because all they do is try to dictate the way we live our lives with their extreme views.

They once wanted to rename fish to "sea-kittens"! What would that accomplish?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Loads of new fishy-smelling pussy jokes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I think PETA should be reclassified as terrorist organization because all they do is try to dictate the way we live our lives with their extreme views.

5pe6b6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

PETA up to their bullsh1t old tricks again, eh? I'm sure we all remember the craic with the Mario tanooki suit a wee while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I live my life convinced that PETA are the product of the fast-food lobbies in the States, so people give into their carnivorous tendencies in fear of ever being associated with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Game sucks. No achievements.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

On the bright side, it seems to be a really well informed pokémon "parody" - they've made an effort to copy characters from the latest game, showing for example how Cheren's repressed restraint is going to explode one day, referencing Team Plasma over the better known but irrelevant Rocket, inverting the players position in the story of B/W. So at least you know they're fans :)

To be honest, I was hoping B&W 2 would have you playing from this position, the pokemon liberator, and let you make very real choices about your morality and the wider implications of society's treatment of pokemon.

When a shower of extremist nutjobs makes a better sequel to your game than you do, questions need to be asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,902 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

tumblr_lhhzchrZV11qhnyjso1_500.gif

Advertisement