Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'999' day

Options
  • 09-09-2009 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

hey folks, I just want to know if anyone has felt this 09/09/09 to be a '999' day?

Oh wait til I tell you why I do....

Today, early afternoon, I was driving along a small road. Going round I met a truck and had to swerve out of its way. Ended up in the ditch after a long, uncontrolled skid. The truck drove off and I couldn't, what with my car being in the ditch and the wheels not on the ground. Thank God I was alive and I got some very good help and it only took about an hour for the good men, my rescuers, to get my car righted.

The next thing that happened was my sister was sent to A&E (not anything to do with the car accident, she wasn't with me) She's ok btw.

My mams back on the fags after 2 months, she says everyday stress is cope-able, but todays stresses aren't!

So today will always be my '999'day.... did anyone else have one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I rang 999 to wish them a happy day and they shouted at me :'(

Done it already! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Similar story to the OP. Was walking in the garden this morning and tripped over the dog. Didn't ring 999 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I go by Julian Date so I didn't notice anything weird

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Please don't call 999. Turns out that guy I hit died after.
    Still though. He had his tracksuit pants tucked into his white socks so, you know, silver lining and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Heard a story of two firefighters getting married today because it was '999'. Thought it was nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Today, early afternoon, I was driving along a small road. Going round I met a truck and had to swerve out of its way. Ended up in the ditch after a long, uncontrolled skid. The truck drove off and I couldn't, what with my car being in the ditch and the wheels not on the ground. Thank God I was alive and I got some very good help and it only took about an hour for the good men, my rescuers, to get my car righted.

She drives......

(glad nobody was hurt)

Please don't call 999. Turns out that guy I hit died after.
    Still though. He had his tracksuit pants tucked into his white socks so, you know, silver lining and all that.

what were you doing driving through tallaght?

accelerating mostly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Kalashnikov_Kid

I walked out to the shops today, spotted a Burkha, ran away screaming and have been living in permanent darkness in my room since.

• Advertisement

I walked out to the shops today, spotted a Burkha, ran away screaming and have been living in permanent darkness in my room since.

I sometimes have problems making connections with women too.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

TheZohan wrote: »
    She drives......

)
    No she only thinks she does.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It's funny when you sing that in your head in a Country & Western style

I think the OP was asking for things that were distinguish today from any other

It's funny when you sing that in your head in a Country & Western style

I can't believe I actually did that!

I can't believe I actually did that!

Same.

Fúck it, I shouldn't even know what C+W music sounds like :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I caught swine flu!!!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭-Leelo-

Now now, I'll have you know that "trend" (if it can be called that, I prefer abomination) began in Crumlin - Bloody Crummos

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭smiley girl

Lola92 wrote: »
    I caught swine flu!!!!:p

Thank God I updated my Norton Anti-Virus so!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Thank God I updated my Norton Anti-Virus so!!!!!!

Knew I shouldn't have let my McAfee run out...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 0999

999 has a certain ring to it all the same......?:)

Advertisement