Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long have you played WoW? + more

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Played since the end of Vanilla.

Wasnt into the Pandas, left, came back halfway through that expansion, gave it 3 months and left until coming back halfway through WoD.

Hoping Legion will be good and plan to enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

I just bought legion and downloading the WoW client now. What are your guys thoughts on it so far? Im kinda going in blind. Haven't been following it much other then the odd video here and there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

killanena wrote: »
    I just bought legion and downloading the WoW client now. What are your guys thoughts on it so far? Im kinda going in blind. Haven't been following it much other then the odd video here and there.

So far i've been loving it, a lot better than Warlords.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Enough of these positive Legion reviews. Makes me want to resubscribe! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I've played since WoTLK and lost so much of my life to it :D I've gotten every x pack since then although I only play for varying amounts per x pack usually around the 6 month mark. Wasn't too much of a fan of Cata, I liked panda although maybe the outside world more than the dungs, WoD I felt was just okay, I really didn't like the garrison. Honestly loving Legion so far although I haven't dipped into it too much. I've picked Stormheim as my first area and obviously getting some uber Grizzly Hills/Howling Fjords vibes from it which is really floating my boat. Props you should come back, you might be pleasantly surprised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I've played since WoTLK and lost so much of my life to it :D I've gotten every x pack since then although I only play for varying amounts per x pack usually around the 6 month mark. Wasn't too much of a fan of Cata, I liked panda although maybe the outside world more than the dungs, WoD I felt was just okay, I really didn't like the garrison. Honestly loving Legion so far although I haven't dipped into it too much. I've picked Stormheim as my first area and obviously getting some uber Grizzly Hills/Howling Fjords vibes from it which is really floating my boat. Props you should come back, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Ah yeah I'll probably pick it up nearer Christmas I'd say, cant afford it at the moment and dont really have the time for it. Good to hear the decent reviews though, I missed most of WoD - just couldnt get into the garrisons and they totally ruined the professions. Getting my WoW fix elsewhere at the moment and it's not costing me a penny so I'll stick with that for now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭johnmolly92

Played for about 2 years when WoTLK came out. Thinking of getting back into WoW now with all the good things being said about Legion!

Anybody have any recommendations for a server with a good crowd of Irish on it? None of the people I used to play with are still around!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Enough of these positive Legion reviews. Makes me want to resubscribe! :(

I've unsubbed

got bored with it, feels very grindy - some of the questing areas are especially designed so that it takes ages to get to the next quest hub - and ye cant fly so ye have to run/ride til ye find a flightpoint

I think after over a decade of it, i'm just burnt out with wow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I've been playing on and off since WoLK was released. Put a lot of time into WoLK, loved Cata, but spent much less time playing both Mists and WoD. Pandaria looked beautiful, but the grind bored me. Draenor had a good storyline, but I felt there wasn't much to do at max level.

Legion is great so far. My biggest gripe with the game is that my server (Wildhammer) has become a low population server. When I last played it was full! It hasn't bothered me so far, but levelling is starting to feel very lonely.

I really think Blizzard could offer a realm change to those who resubscribe; I can't justify spending another €50 on a realm change after buying the xpac and paying my sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Started March 2005. Leveled with a few buddies and once I got 60 I got into a pvp guild fairly easily.
    Did Molten Core with that guild and killed Rag (was 4/5th guild on server to do so).

Things started to get serious with BWL, then AQ (server first C'thun on Outland woo) and Naxx. Naxx broke me though and I just couldn't give up the hours to raiding/collecting mats so I stopped in September 2006.

Came back in June 2007 and played a bit with a few players I kept in touch with. Joined another raiding guild and got Bruttalus down in Sunwell but the game just didn't feel the same and quit shortly after.

Came back again in 2010 and played for a month before cancelling the sub, didn't enjoy that at all and didn't have spare time to play either.

I'm back now and taking it more casually and really enjoying it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I've unsubbed

got bored with it, feels very grindy - some of the questing areas are especially designed so that it takes ages to get to the next quest hub - and ye cant fly so ye have to run/ride til ye find a flightpoint

They made it specifically so that it's not a grind? And you can move into any zone at any level or whatever way you want.

I'm 90% sure all expansions were like that in relation to flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Started at the tail end of vanilla and played up to WotLK launch raids then unsubbed. Cleared all TBC content and got season 1 gladiator. My guild murdered the WotLK end game content shortly after launch and I was left with nothing to do and a full decked out best in slot Enha Shaman. So I quit.

Skipped Cats, Skipped Pandas, played WoD casual for about a month and now I'm playing Legion casual :) So far it's enjoyable. I'm level 107 Demon Hunter and the questing has been fun. Zones are nice and the melee combat feels really impactful with new animations and sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Being able to play the game for free has really flipped WoW on its head for me. I couldn't mentally justify spending the subscription money to play the game casually but now that I can log on in the morning, post my auctions and play a couple hours at the weekend if I want to without taking any financial hit is fun. The money was never the problem but playing for often <10 hours a week (after being ex top 3 raider) and paying for the "pleasure" never really appealed to me, personally. It's a whole new ball game now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

If you mean by Tokens its great i would quit WoW if i was forced to resub with real money. But Token prices have skyrocketed now 180k+.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

Anyone missing out on the MMO part of Wow, and looking for a guild Alliance side to do end game with a chill group and plenty of craic?

I'm part of a guild that would love a few more DPS to run around with. We're genuinely friendly bunch mostly playing since vanilla, doing end game without drama or bull****. Good folk that appreciate the Irish humour and colourful langage :D If any of you fancy an inv to join us for something through BNet (without moving servers etc) add me and hop into a NH/M+/KZ run with us. Prynkesse#2904

We're recruiting for the guild proper if you want a move or a reroll. 7.2 next week is going to be very good time for return/reroll!

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17615101817

KGLady wrote: »
    Anyone missing out on the MMO part of Wow, and looking for a guild Alliance side to do end game with a chill group and plenty of craic?

I'm part of a guild that would love a few more DPS to run around with. We're genuinely friendly bunch mostly playing since vanilla, doing end game without drama or bull****. Good folk that appreciate the Irish humour and colourful langage :D If any of you fancy an inv to join us for something through BNet (without moving servers etc) add me and hop into a NH/M+/KZ run with us. Prynkesse#2904

We're recruiting for the guild proper if you want a move or a reroll. 7.2 next week is going to be very good time for return/reroll!

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17615101817

35 traits and 860 ilvl doesn't seem like a lot of craic to most WoW players I'd imagine (I'm way over that, by the by).

35 traits and 860 ilvl doesn't seem like a lot of craic to most WoW players I'd imagine (I'm way over that, by the by).

I'd reckon you are very far of the mark in guessing that of most players tbh!

35th trait is only activating the final one on your artifact, I'm a casual player and have hit that on main and 2 alts because AP comes with most level capped content. And for gearing to hop into Raids and M+ with others, 860 isn't much given i940 legendaries and the wide range of routes to get gear in Legion, from World Quests, 5Mans of different difficulties and faceroll LFR.

I tell you what definitely isn't good craic for anyone, is going into end game content with painfully under geared players. I'd venture that anyone interested in joining others for N/H raids, M+ or thing like Nightbane runs, is the kind of person that enjoys character progress.

KGLady wrote: »
    I'd reckon you are very far of the mark in guessing that of most players tbh!

35th trait is only activating the final one on your artifact, I'm a casual player and have hit that on main and 2 alts because AP comes with most level capped content. And for gearing to hop into Raids and M+ with others, 860 isn't much given i940 legendaries and the wide range of routes to get gear in Legion, from World Quests, 5Mans of different difficulties and faceroll LFR.

I tell you what definitely isn't good craic for anyone, is going into end game content with painfully under geared players. I'd venture that anyone interested in joining others for N/H raids, M+ or thing like Nightbane runs, is the kind of person that enjoys character progress.

I'd like to know the source as I know very few people who are above 35.

Again, most "casual" players wouldn't care for high level Mythic +, Nightbane runs or Nighthold Heroic. I'm 890 ilvl, haven't even done the Kara pre-quest, my highest Mythic + is 7 and I haven't killed Guldan on normal. I also don't think casual players consider 3 days of raiding as their cup of tea, either. When I step into a "casual" raid I literally have no expectations whatsoever of the people playing around me other than I hope they have fun.

I guess it all depends on your interpretation of casual.

I guess it all depends on your interpretation of casual.

In endgame terms, we undoubtedly are Casual/Social :) In fact I'm certain serious raiders would label us scrubs or filthy casuals :D:D

ER/DMF is an RP-PVE realm, and I've been a RPer on an off since Vanilla, and I've known folk that do little but RP at all. I know altaholics who do nothing but level and reroll on repeat. I know players who literally play for pet battles and very little else, and those who play for the gold economy. Many people contentedly play the game in their own ways, but even on our RP server all of those are far from the majority.

In terms of the people I personally play with, everyone has their 35th artifact trait unlocked on their mains, and with the boosted research tomes, have them on their alts too. I know only a handful with all 54 traits, but they are either not what I would consider casual in their raiding approach, or they are playing a single toon/spec and not diverting AP elsewhere. Perhaps its because we do play in a guild and enjoy group content together, which does afford more AP. Solo playstyle may not reward as much, then then again in solo content its likely less relevant anyway.

If you dont enjoy raids/M+ and other end game content, then I presume you have your own niche that you do enjoy in WoW, good luck with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Digitalirish

2006 to now....11 years....only quit for a year and almost died of starvation,

• Advertisement
Advertisement