Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C`mon Pats

• 22-06-2002 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Good luck tonight.
    Bit of luck it will be a respectable scoreline :)

I feel nothing but hatred for Shels and the draw they got.
    kdja

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

1-0 to Pats half time.
    COME ON :)
    kdja

NOOO!!!
    Lost 3-2
    Were winning twice as well.
    they scroed in the 89/90 minutes in 37 temp
    Few buddies went over and said we should ahve won but didnt ....LOL
    Ah well.
    Hope fully we can beat next week .
    kdja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Hibernians was a good draw, anyone know any cheapish way to malta? (i dont trust ollie to give us a proper deal!)

www.cheapflights.co.uk
    Mate went for a week last summer for €350
    Hope you lose badly :) hehehehe
    kdja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Good luck to Pats, $hels, Dundalk and the other team :p . I'd say Pats should have a good chance of going through with the 2 away goals, $hels better hammer the Maltese lot in both legs. I wouldn't give Dundalk or Rovers much of a chance though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Pats have a great chance in the 2nd, and only a monnumental ****up can prevent em from getting anything from a 3-1 win to a 2-1 defeat and still going through. After getting the 2 away goals, to lose by 2 at home would be to bottle it completely, but lets not talk about Moldovans and Polish Coal Miners.

And between $hels (Ollie always has something to do with it), Rovers (Ireland's most famous amateurs), Dundalk (6 fingered Shels arse lickers), IFK Gothenburg, and Djurgardens, with a little help from the FAI (need I say more) and UEFA ( :rolleyes: ) the dates for the Rovers game has been switched, leaving many Irish and Swedes out of pocket. Fúck Ryanair.

Surely we have reached the stage where we expect more than "respectable" scorelines. Fúcking moral victories...

Moral victories are the worst bleeding thing i ever heard of.
    They do piss me off :(

I only hope we can recreate the form we had at the end of last season if we do ,it will be a true reflection of Irish football.
    If we do that on Sunday hopefully we will get through.

Damn Moldovans still give me nightmares.

Right now on Ryanair flight to Belgium for the weekend that we might be over there if we win are €70 ,if we do win i wonder how much they will go up.
    Kdja

Best of luck in any case, after the usually dour WC final, we can go for some real entertainment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Originally posted by Bateman
    only a monnumental ****up can prevent em from getting anything from a 3-1 win to a 2-1 defeat and still going through

A 2-1 defeat won't do them, they have to win to get through after losing the first leg 3-2.

• Advertisement

WOOOHOOO
    Pats win their 1st ever tie in Europe
    Flight booked to Ghent :)
    well done St Pats :)
    Kdja

Well guess Gent dont think much of us:(

20-07: Malaga - KAA Gent (1/4 finale Intertoto

Taking bookings for their trip to spain.
    On their official website.
    Kdja

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭sc317

It was a great victory. Gent obviously don't think much of Pats, the club are allowing their 3 Belgian internationals to return after the tie. Yet their scout was in Richmond on Sunday and reckons Pats can turn them over. It should be interesting, I hope Pats sicken the bastárds. What about Pats being presented with the "league trophy" at the weekend though, a bit silly...

The players are getting recognition for their efforts and have been well paid for winning the title ,there is another story which will break soon about why it was brushed under the carpet.
    (thk you Roy Keane LOLOLOLOL)

Check the Corpo`s website in the planning permission section and wonder where Pats got €4,000,000 from to build the 2 stands ;)

Hadnt got it last year and only got it during the summer.

We will be playing out in Bray for 6 months as Rovers,Shels,Bohs all refused to let us their grounds.
    Shels i can understand but We had Rovers in our ground and not sure why Bohs wont let us .
    Some good did come of the Keano mess :)

Kdja

I don't know where they got the money from, but look at Rovers, still waiting since March for a cheque for a million from the government...

Rovers are playing at Tolka, $hels couldn't have 3 teams playing at Tolka, the pitch would never stand up, although Ollie would love the £££ make no mistake. I wouldn't imagine that Pats even bothered to ask Bohs to plaay at Mecca for a while, as they would probably prefer to stay on the Southside, although Bray is quite a bit far out...

A story why WHAT was brushed under the carpet? I don't understand, the registration fiasco has been done to death, only Ollie could have another twist, and that can't be good for Pats. The players might have made great efforts to get more points than anyone else, but the fact remains that they played bangers. You have to win the league with competence OFF as well as on the pitch.

FAI didnt want this to go any further so a deal was struck during the World Cup a long term loan ,low interest pats STFUP,Shels get the trophy and Champions league spot.
    players get well paid for their efforts.
    Pats get few medals and its all brushed under the carpet.

Im not bitter knowing we getting 2 stands :)

the 6 months pats will need will the 2nd half the season or even next ,Planning permission is on the Corpo website.

Kdja

Something tells me it won't be that simple. If the money and the PP is there, why not start now?

Planning permission is on the Corpo website

What i meant was the application is on the Corpo website.
    They have full permission for one stand,this one is still in the applicaton stage.
    So assuming they have no objections it will be approved in next few months.

Then they need somewere to play...
    kdja

>They have full permission for one stand

Again, then why not go and build it now? They could/should play at UCD, Pats playing out in Bray is ridiculous, and it will probably be for longer then they will think, again look at Rovers for an idea of how these things always take longer than anticipated.

As far as i know they asked all Dublin league clubs.
    Dont know what UCD said but it looks like it will be Bray for us.
    It be cheaper to build both at same time only reason i can think of them doing it like that.

Hopefully what happened Rovers wont happen us :(
    Kdja

• Advertisement

I don't know whether it'd be cheaper to build both at once. If the got one built, they could close off the area where the other is being built, and still play home games. Or maybe the insurance costs would be too much.

Advertisement