Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Begins Teaser poster released

Options
  • 05-12-2004 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭

p-batman.jpg

Rather simple really. Would have preferred a cityscape in the background, personally, even if just the hint in the bottom fifth of the image. Though I am looking forward to the second teaser apparently due next week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

doesnt give anything away tbh. I like the way the focus is set on batman/bruice though, hopefully a sign is about him predominantly, not batmobiles, special effects or bullet time.

fingers crossed this film will be impresive

I really like the poster. The simplicity of it is very impressive. I hope the second teaser poster is of Bruce Wayne in the Batman suit with the cowl down, bridiging the gap between man and monster, so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I really like that poster also. Doesn't cast Batman as the all american hero but more as a tortured hero, head down, forboding and all that malarky.
    Signs point to this being good, my girlfriend's friend is getting to go on to teh set, sister of Cillian Murphy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭JCDenton

You know that whether it's good or not most of you will see it anyway when it comes out............(I know I will)

The only problem is, while watching American Psycho the other night I'm not so sure anymore that Christian Bale is quite right for a Bruce/Batman role....

Is that just me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

JCDenton wrote:
    You know that whether it's good or not most of you will see it anyway when it comes out............(I know I will)

The only problem is, while watching American Psycho the other night I'm not so sure anymore that Christian Bale is quite right for a Bruce/Batman role....

Is that just me?
    I managed to miss it :( Going to have to see if Xtravision hava a DVD copy...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Ok poster. It could have been better if he had been BM looking down at the sillhouette of the graves of his dead parents.

JCDenton wrote:

Is that just me?

It's just you. Watch Equilibrium if you think Bale isn't isn't almost perfect for the role .... I reckon you'll change your opinion on the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

• Registered Users Posts: 43,782 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Batman looks like he's thinking something along the lines of...

'Now.. where'd i put my keys?!'

Or

'I can't believe it.... i just stood in sh*te!!'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

trailer looks cool... its seems as though it will be a pretty 'dark' movie like the first 'batman' film... should be good...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Haruspex

Really like this teaser poster. The silhouette really emphasises the brooding hero and his "shadowy" existence. Is that dawn or dusk in the background? Hard to tell but maybe that's the intention?

Looking forward to Christopher Nolan's interpretation of this alright! Anything would be better than the dire Batman and Robin... That killed the franchise stone dead for a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭JCDenton

Has anyone read the script that was floating around online a few months ago.
    It's the real thing and having read it things look promising. (Besides the very few cheesy "superhero" bits which were guaranteed to make it into the film anyway)

Also the batmobile chase section sounds fantastic especially considering they're trying to do it without any computer generated effects!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Buck Owens

Major Twist in the story to apparently
    /Henri Ducard(liam Nesson) is the real bad guy(Ra Al Ghul)

But they may change it since the script was leaked

• Registered Users Posts: 43,782 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Feck it anyways... didn't realise what was inside spoiler tags was revealed in a new post notification e-mail from Boards..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

18400387.jpg

Here's the new poster they've released. Looks pretty damn cool. This movie is going to be dark. No chessy one liners or over the top campness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Buck Owens

Both very cool posters but I Prefer the second one. Nice 'n' moody ;)

Second one is much better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭silent

sorry for resurecting the thread - any1 has any idea where to buy the 2nd poster? can't find it available anywhere (except ebay)

Advertisement