Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is there a pyrite problem on Parnell Estate?

Options
  • 22-06-2014 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi All
    Is there Pyrite problem on Parnell Estate, Mulhuddart? Will houses in the estate demolished soon?
    I have uploaded videos to youtube (search - "Parnell Estate, Dublin 2014.06.22" ), but I can't post the links hire. (Previous post was removed)
    I have cracks on every walls, corners and floor.
    The house is rented - RESPOND!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Moved from Dublin County North.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

Best to contact the Pyrite Resolution Board to see where you stand - http://www.pyriteboard.ie/ . Would also be worthwhile connecting with your neighbours to determine if their properties are similarly affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 compnetgreg

And yes, many neighbors have similar cracks.
    Check out the video on youtube search "Parnell Estate, Dublin 2014.06.22"

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

And yes, many neighbors have similar crack.
    Check out the video on youtube search "Parnell Estate, Dublin 2014.06.22"

In that case, what does your landlord have to say about it? What course of action are your neighbours taking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

You need to get onto respond so as they are effectively your landlord.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

The apartments don't seem to be - my sis lives there and has no cracks - has however dreadful damp and mold which stems from not being insulated properly.

In that case, what does your landlord have to say about it? What course of action are your neighbours taking?
    RESPOND! is investigating more than 5 years!
    No answer to emails, or "nothing we can do now".
    Group organized one year ago, but I don't have confirmation is my house on investigation and future plans.

January wrote: »
    You need to get onto respond so as they are effectively your landlord.

NOT on this question, No answer to emails, or "nothing we can do now".

New - I created this video with the YouTube Slideshow Creator - COOL!!
    Number (5) on youtube search search - "Parnell Estate, Dublin 2014.06.22"
    Or all on play list "Cracks Parnell Est.2014.06"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

@compnetgreg please try to make some sense with what you are writing, and don't spam the forum promoting your youtube or facebook profiles. If you have something useful and legible to add to the thread then post again, but if it's just more links you will be banned.

Gaspode wrote: »
    @compnetgreg please try to make some sense with what you are writing, and don't spam the forum promoting your youtube or facebook profiles. If you have something useful and legible to add to the thread then post again, but if it's just more links you will be banned.

Tell me: How I can show the pictures and videos to show the crack ?

July 30, 2013 Mr Donnelly said “I was recently canvassing in the Parnell estate and was shocked at the condition of some of the housing units rented out by Respond! housing association. There were many tales of doors jamming, huge cracks in walls and ceilings, pipes bursting and rising concrete slabs both inside and outside the houses”.

Is getting worse.

• Advertisement
Advertisement