Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making sense of the timetable? (1st Year Science - TR071)

Options
  • 30-08-2015 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

Hey folks,

I'm taking the science undergrad course (woo!) & I've been having a look at the timetable given in this year's handbook (pdf available here for those who haven't found it yet; timetable is pages 35-36). I was wondering why nothing seems to be scheduled before Week 5? Am I just reading it ar$eways? What happens the first month after Fresher's Week?

Also, on a related note, if I choose Maths will I be 'assigned' all of the Maths lectures (excluding Maths Methods) on the timetable, or are there different groups for maths lectures like there will be for labs? In other words, in taking Maths will I have 6 maths lectures per week in Semester I?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Are there options for the first few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Kbeg3

Trinity has two week numbering systems. One corresponds to Calendar Weeks, and one corresponding to Teaching Weeks. Teaching Week 1 = Calendar Week 5 which is where the confusion is arising. See the Academic Year Structure for a breakdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

Yes, if you take maths you will have 6 maths lectures a week, plus 2 tutorials a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Yv

Super, thanks guys.

Advertisement