Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NCAA/College Football - 2015 Discussion

Comments

Braxton is a beast!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭slimpickens

eagle eye wrote: »

Hard to believe Braxton Miller is reduced to playing the h-back role for them.

I gather the consensus is that it is best for him, from NFL career viewpoint. That he would have a greater chance than as a QB.

Also, SEC West is Best again.
    Is it too early for calls for the division to have two teams in the playoffs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,946 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

After the weekend's action and it's very early of course but the two most impressive teams to me were Ohio State and Notre Dame.

Now with Notre Dame we are unsure just where Texas are at but I'd find it hard to believe they are anywhere near as bad as they were made to look by the Fighting Irish.

Ohio State are bringing big to the offense, everybody is just big with the exception of Ezekiel Elliott. They are going to just bulldoze over teams with their size. Jones is huge and Miller is a beast, they are going to be hard to stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I still think Barrett does far more for that offence than Jones.

Re: Miller, I expected most of his involvement to be screens, sweeps and dump offs but he looked like a legit WR. He's just so explosive, it's unreal.

As for Texas, was listening to a podcast that slammed them and Charlie Strong. Basically said that not one player has improved under him, that Tyrone Swoopes is not a FBS QB, that Strong came in with his whole "it's not good enough" bravado while suspending players and firing coaches who've been there for 25 years. And I agree. I think he's a fraud. The worst criticism was the QB situation and how they didn't make any plays for one of the transfer QBs and how guys like Kyler Murray and Jarrett Studham would rather be QB2s at A&M and Baylor than compete at Texas.

I think Alabamas win was more impressive than Notre Dames, but you can only beat what's in front of you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭mooreman09

I still think Barrett does far more for that offence than Jones.

Re: Miller, I expected most of his involvement to be screens, sweeps and dump offs but he looked like a legit WR. He's just so explosive, it's unreal.

As for Texas, was listening to a podcast that slammed them and Charlie Strong. Basically said that not one player has improved under him, that Tyrone Swoopes is not a FBS QB, that Strong came in with his whole "it's not good enough" bravado while suspending players and firing coaches who've been there for 25 years. And I agree. I think he's a fraud. The worst criticism was the QB situation and how they didn't make any plays for one of the transfer QBs and how guys like Kyler Murray and Jarrett Studham would rather be QB2s at A&M and Baylor than compete at Texas.

I think Alabamas win was more impressive than Notre Dames, but you can only beat what's in front of you.

I don't agree regarding Jones. I think Jones gives them the big plays they need when teams come with that aggressive and focused defense, OSU will see that alot this year.

He can make them 30/40 yard throws standing in the pocket with ease and he can also run it better than expected. That was some tough tough running by him last night.

JT is also top class but he tends to end up grinding out wins on off days because he can't find the big pass plays. I think that unless there is a significant difference between the QBs at practice, mayer would have favoured JT. Which suggests Cardale is the legit starter.

Wisconsin - ranked and almost favoured by the bookies
    Alabama - massive favourites
    Oregon - massive favourites
    VT - only team to beat OSU last season.

Almost 1000 yards passing and 200 yards rushing in those games. Imagine what he'll do against the easier big ten teams and the likes of Hawaii? There seems to be a lack of respect for his achievements because he's a bit silly!

So far I've been impressed with the obvious teams like Notre Dame, A&M and UCLA. I'll hold predictions until mid October though when we get into the conference grind!

Amazing season ahead!!!

A lot of great plays this weekend, but Millers spin move last night is my favourite. Just a reminder of what he is capable of after a year out.

W5s4B0N.gif

Ya that spin was pretty incredible.

Norte dame played what was in from of them but by all accounts Texas will be brutal this year its be interesting to see them against Georgia tech

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭mooreman09

Ya that spin was pretty incredible.

Norte dame played what was in from of them but by all accounts Texas will be brutal this year its be interesting to see them against Georgia tech

GT are my outside playoff bet....

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

Conor cook looked really good against Western Michigan the other day..his pocket presence is excellent

Trying to keep an eye on LA Tech @ WKU while watching the NFL and Leon Allen from WKU has just suffered a pretty gruesome looking leg injury. One of those ones where you have to look away.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Nice start for the Utes.
    Anyone else watching?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Best games on the schedule today lads? Sorry for being lazy, I haven't had the time to check the slate yet.

Paully D wrote: »
    Best games on the schedule today lads? Sorry for being lazy, I haven't had the time to check the slate yet.

It's a rough enough week. Oregon @ Michigan State is the only real highlight, I think it's the 1am game. I'll post up the schedule shortly.

Saturday 12 September
    2.00pm – College GameDay
    4.30pm – South Florida @ Florida State (LIVE)
    8.00pm – ESPN Goal Line
    8.30pm – #10 Georgia @ Vanderbilt (LIVE)
    8.30pm – #9 Notre Dame @ Virginia (LIVE, BTS2)
    Midnight – ESPN Goal Line
    1.00am – #7 Oregon @ #5 Michigan State (LIVE)

All on ESPN, apart from ND @ Virginia wich is on BT Sports 2.

As for the non-televised games over here, #19 Oklahoma @ #22 Tennessee and #14 LSU @ #25 Mississippi State are the other relevant games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'd thought Michigan v Oregon State was on TV for some reason.

It's a rough enough week. Oregon @ Michigan State is the only real highlight, I think it's the 1am game. I'll post up the schedule shortly.

That suits me perfectly. Thanks JaMarcus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Tuned into the UCLA game last week to check out the highly touted Freshman QB Josh Rosen and I was very impressed. Looked incredibly composed for his first college game and showed he could make all the throws, finishing 28 of 35 passes for 351 yards and three touchdowns. UCLA will be a very fun team to watch this season with Rosen and Myles Jack putting in big hits on D and running in touchdowns on offence.

adrian522 wrote: »
    I'd thought Michigan v Oregon State was on TV for some reason.

It was originally supposed to be on BT, but they swapped it out for some Serie A football during the week.

That's one hell of a TD run by Dalvin Cook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Despite giving up that TD, the Bulls defense is playing well. Golson hasn't completed a pass yet.

Some big teams struggling in these early games. Auburn are losing to Jacksonville State.

Taiwan Deal scores for Wisconsin. He sounds like one of those dodgy websites that sell knock off jerseys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,351 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

http://tunein.com/radio/College-Football-c403161/

Don't know if ye have seen this but tunein.com have a section that has 100 colleges and it works perfectly. Listening to penn state and buffalo at the moment.

Boston College up 34-0 on Howard with 4 minutes left.

In the first quarter.

Dalvin Cook is the FSU offense in this game.

• Advertisement

Boston College up 34-0 on Howard with 4 minutes left.

In the first quarter.

14 seconds later, it's 41-0.

48-0 with 13 minutes to go until half time.

polaris68 wrote: »
    Some big teams struggling in these early games. Auburn are losing to Jacksonville State.

Losing again now with only a few minutes left.

And to think Auburn are paying them over $500k for this! :pac:

ESPN Goal Line is very handy. One of the biggest shocks in college football history if Auburn lose here according to the commentators :eek: What was the spread?

Auburn TD. FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yeah, horrible punt led to it.

Think Auburn were 40 point favourites.

Notre Dame 12 - 0 up on Virginia. Zaire's throwing is a bit off the mark tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

polaris68 wrote: »
    Notre Dame 12 - 0 up on Virginia. Zaire's throwing is a bit off the mark tonight.

Virginia up 14-12 now. Coming right back into it on the back of a decent passing game. Notre Dame are carving them open on the ground so I'd still fully expect them to win

skippymac6 wrote: »
    Virginia up 14-12 now. Coming right back into it on the back of a decent passing game. Notre Dame are carving them open on the ground so I'd still fully expect them to win

Good game, loads of trick plays!:)

Yup, Notre Dame, who were totally dominant in the first quarter, are in a battle now.

Oh wow, that's a bad injury for Zaire.

Looks like Zaire broke his ankle there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

So much for winning the championship.

Notre Dame 26 - 21 Virginia. Deshone Kizer starts this drive.

• Advertisement

lol what the hell, do the commentators know their mics are on and this is being broadcast?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,206 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Looks bleak for the Irish

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

?

Sorry, it was the Georgia @ Vanderbilt game. For some reason they were showing Louisville players warming up (even though that game ended hours ago) and 2 of the commentators were talking going through a list of NFL things they wanted to talk about. It was really weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭radharc

Have never understood the reluctance to decline penalties in American football. Surely a 4th and 4 is a better choice there than 3rd and 15

Oh wow, Rutgers take the lead with a punt return for a TD with a minute and a half to go. What a game.

One point down, 1.48 left with a third string QB in.

Not looking good for the Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

What a flipping throw by Kizer!!

Mr Kizer, please choose whatever cheerleader you want for the night.

• Advertisement

Irish steal it, but more importantly, fail to cover :mad:

Advertisement