Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone still play Battlefield bad company 2 ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Think I figured it out. Just checked on another profile and they're all there. The PSN I use now isn't my original and I used the VIP code on the first one. It seems it won't let me use the extra maps because the VIP code was used on a previous profile. :mad:

I used a VIP code for BF3 DLC for KArkland, but that is it. How am i down to 4 maps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

I used a VIP code for BF3 DLC for KArkland, but that is it. How am i down to 4 maps?

I don't know. The VIP code seems to be my problem, if yours isn't down to that then I haven't a clue.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

BC2 is better than BF3 imo,still thousands of populated servers on pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

I just got access to all the maps by pestering EA support. Give it a shot.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I thought it was rubbish in comparison to BF3. Could not get into it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Maysa07

I have been playing a bit of bf3 and i'm coming back to bad company 2!

In bf3, the weapons are not as accurate as in bc2, and the recoil is woeful.
    General movement feels a bit off in comparison to bc2.

Maybe i'm not giving it enough time but back to Bad company 2 for me. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Bad Company is a consolised version of BF.

It was a grand inbetweenie game from Bf2 to Bf3 but its not even close to either game in scale or substance.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Played BF3 and didnt like it. Picked up BFBC2 and ghost recond future soldier for the xbox for a tenner today and loving BF2 anyone looking to squad up post here and ill add you.
    Gamertag: superdigzi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

What Platform?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I miss the maps of bad Company 2.

Loved the fact that rush crates could be destroyed too (well if they were in buildings) It's a pity they removed that feature in BF3. It was awesome using c4 to blow up the building or using the gun on the chopper.

I also miss the recon's mortar :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

What Platform?

xbox

Just popped Bad Company 2 into my xbox :D Was suprised to enter a full-player game (24 players) thought it would be deserted knowing BF3 is the current game.

Got a lot of memories of this game. It really is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Used to play Hardcore Back in the day but couldn't find any servers.Still a few playing on normal mode but most any game peaked at was 9v9. The sniping in the game is so much satisfying than BF3.I miss the wookie suit :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I might install this again & give it a bash. Loved this back in the day

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I only got this for my Xbox last week and love it!
    My previous BF experience was being addicted to BF2 on the PC... Still play it occasionally.
    Xbox controls are very different and I never thought I'd convert over (no choice as laptop specs can't handle newer BF games) but I'm loving the gameplay and graphics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

This thread made me all nostalgic for BFBC2. So I put it on for the first time in nearly a year and a half.
    After ten minutes I'm 4% through a 1.64gb update. Fuppin nostalgia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

I played it the other day and it is awful compared to BF3, the controls are so sluggish and it is generally ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 semper fi or dye

I do miss some of the maps on bfbc2, and when bf3 first came out it was'nt as good as bad company, but with all the patches and the expansion packs bf3 edges it for me. Wish one of the expansion packs was a bad company pack though.
    Wish i hadnt traded my game though, be nice to go back to it every now and then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Maysa07

Bump :pac:

I was always found it hard to articulate why this game is the best battlefield of them all. but this well written article raises some good points.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/06/24/what-we-talk-about-when-we-talk-about-battlefield-bad-company.aspx

Soooooooooooooooooooo............are peoples still playing BC2?

I miss the BC1 maps also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

Yup. Merry Christmas Bravo Two!

Must locate disc and have a blast.

How maps are left in rotation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

What you playing on? I'm on 360 (I know) but that has good bit of Rush on Arica Harbour, Valperiso, Isles Iscentes (I've no idea how to spell them). Also conquest, harvest day, Panama Canal ect

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Still 10k+ players on PC when I checked last week.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I'm back into it. Sure it's a bit clunky at first but it's a helluva lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

BFBC2 is free on XBOX Live Gold for 360 users.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Sweet, i havent played this my ps3 days, downloading it now, 4.88gb!

Edit - downloaded and went to play it, but it says there are no games available when i try play multiplayer? Wtf

Update - seems to be a known problem, either no servers online or they are all full and they are working on a fix from what i found on google, what a shame! Was looking forward to a game of this today

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

I still think it was the pinicle of the BF series. did not like BF3 and BF4 is only a little better than 3.... but not a patch on bad company....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Still play it regularly on the PS3. It can be hit and miss when trying to find a populated server but most evenings and weekends I find something which is playable.

I really enjoy this game, I know it had its flaws but I just got it straight off. Reminded me of the first time playing BF2.

I was so happy when BF3 came out, played it for about 30 mins and put it back in the box never to be played again.

I'll go back to a PC gaming rig when the kids grow up, just can't justify the spend for the amount of time I'll get to use it.

Paolo264 if any wants to add me.

• Advertisement

Really glad this is the free game for xbox live. The servers have loads of people playing once again and all the maps are back.

Advertisement