Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike chain oil out of White kitten fur

Options
  • 18-01-2011 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭

Hey folks, as per title!
    The room door was left open by accident and the little one decided to investigate the new bike and got oil on her fur. Best way to get it out??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Shamanic wrote: »
    Hey folks, as per title!
    The room door was left open by accident and the little one decided to investigate the new bike and got oil on her fur. Best way to get it out??

You scared me there, I thought there was some new bike chain oil made from white kitten fur!

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MsFifers

Washing up liquid is probably your best bet if you can manage it. Soak a cloth in warm water, squidge on some w.u. liquid and wipe at the oil as best you can. If she isn't completely covered, you could try wrapping up the kitty in a towel so her legs (and scratchy claws) are wrapped up, and only expose the parts of her fur that are oiled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭Shamanic

Haha no thankfully not!! Instead my kitten has turned herself into the worlds
    Smallest zebra!

Thanks for that! Hopefully she'll be back to her fluffy self shortly!
    Perhaps renamed "fairy" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

I've had the experience with soot and a grey and white cat....we had to wash her.It wasn't good! Mind you, we got some off and the rest she cleaned off, but not before it got onto every soft surface in the house that she decided to sit on.

Gentle washing OP, and protect your hands and arms!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,834 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

This is going to sound like an advert but use proper Fairy Liquid - you only need a tiny amount diluted in warm water. Fairy is actually milder than some baby shampoos. It was the only thing that we would use on oiled wildlife. You need to ensure that all the oil is gone so plenty of rinses. The risk is that the kitten licks itself dry & ingests any remaining oil.

I would use the standard original green Fairy rather than any of the Lemon, Antibacterial varieties.

Thanks folks! She doesn't actually mind being in the bath thankfully! It's not the first time she got herself into mischief!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Shamanic wrote: »
    Thanks folks! She doesn't actually mind being in the bath thankfully! It's not the first time she got herself into mischief!

We NEED pics of her in the bath. :)

That I can actually do! It may be tomorrow evening but il be sure to post them!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Tucking Fypo

Best of luck, that's grand she doesn't mind the baths.

We had ringworm in the house on one occasion and the vet gave us stuff to bath the cats in. As far as I remember it was a bath ever day or every second day. The poor puddy tats looked like rats. I have pics.:P

• Advertisement
Advertisement