Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard Knocks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭myate

Bengals & Falcons are on GamePass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Is there anywhere I could watch the seasons before 2013? or buy them on dvd? Thanks

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Cushing is still very unlikeable in Ep 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

*team America vomit scene*

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

I had known about O Briens son since his time at the Patriots, but the scene towards the end with the birthday party really hit home. To be able to achieve what he has, going through such hardship to have to care for his son in his condition, its a remarkable success story for O Brien and his family. Think scenes like that really put a lot of things into perspective with regards to sport.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

yeah would agree, i only know of him because hes the Texans coach but you have to respect the guy, its not easy raising a child never mind one thats disabled.

I get the impression him and his wife are pretty rock solid, she seems to have a lot of respect for him as a dad and a coach. i especially like the "he curses a little less at home" part :pac:

I liked the rookie impressions aswell, also with JJ throwing the ball into the top tier, guy is a beast

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

bruschi wrote: »
    I had known about O Briens son since his time at the Patriots, but the scene towards the end with the birthday party really hit home. To be able to achieve what he has, going through such hardship to have to care for his son in his condition, its a remarkable success story for O Brien and his family. Think scenes like that really put a lot of things into perspective with regards to sport.

Completely agree with this. I never knew about his son until Hard Knocks however. I've certainly gained a lot of respect for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I'm only on ep. 2 but he does come across like an awful dick in that.

Maybe I'm being extremely thick here, but it's something that has annoyed me about Hard Knocks for a while.

At the end of episode 3, they showed a "coming up next week" type clip as they always do. However, this clip showed action of what is supposed to be their preseason game against the Saints (played Saturday, 4 days after "coming up next clip" aired). They also showed a clip of Watt sacking Brees. Now the obvious answer is that they were showing footage of the Texans vs Saints game in 2011 in which Watt sacked Brees (he didn't play against them in their 2013 meeting), but as far as I remember the end of episode clip also showed footage of Texans and Saints players who weren't involved back then? What's going on with those clips?

Sorry for the presumably stupid question.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Paully D wrote: »
    Maybe I'm being extremely thick here, but it's something that has annoyed me about Hard Knocks for a while.

At the end of episode 3, they showed a "coming up next week" type clip as they always do. However, this clip showed action of what is supposed to be their preseason game against the Saints (played Saturday, 4 days after "coming up next clip" aired). They also showed a clip of Watt sacking Brees. Now the obvious answer is that they were showing footage of the Texans vs Saints game in 2011 in which Watt sacked Brees (he didn't play against them in their 2013 meeting), but as far as I remember the end of episode clip also showed footage of Texans and Saints players who weren't involved back then? What's going on with those clips?

Sorry for the presumably stupid question.

I had wondered the same thing! Its unnecessary gimmickry, imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Vince Wilfork wearing dungarees and a pair of cowboy boots is some sight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭tripperman

phatkev wrote: »
    Vince Wilfork wearing dungarees and a pair of cowboy boots is some sight :D

got some laugh out of it tho

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭slimpickens

Loved the part where Charles James was playing Odell Beckham in Madden. :) Anyone know how they became friends? I know James was with the Giants in 2013 but that was the year before Beckham came out of college and they're not from the same area nor went to the same high school/college.

Erin Andrews was mad for a bit of him too :pac:

Charles James and OBJ's time at Giants overlapped.
    James was released towards end preseason last year.

Gutted that Labhart got cut. :( He seems to be such a nice guy.

Labhart does seem cool.
    Look at him and he does not like like an NFL player, hard to overcome that perception. So
    Sounded like he will go into coaching
    It may be for the best, in 15 years time when a lot of the guys who made the league are beat up he could be earning millions as head coach of Texas A&M.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Yeah Labhart did not look at all like a guy who would be playing pro football. He seemed dead sound so hopefully things work out for him as a coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Charles James is my kind of player. Pure heart, looking for every advantage he can get. Seems cool off the field, and ruthless on the field. Might not have the talent of some of the other guys, but he seems willing to work his balls off to make it in the NFL.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭KeithWoodshead

I've always had a passing interest in the NFL, but I've never followed a team or really set about seeking it out to watch. I've decided to start following the Texans after watching hard knocks though

Just love them, so many characters and Bill O Brien is a pretty inspirational guy and I've never ever seen an athlete like JJ Watt.

I watched last season too and felt the exact oppositie towards the Falcons, hated the general manager in particular

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Spoiler:
    Charles James
    got cut :(

infacteh wrote: »
    Spoiler:
    Charles James
    got cut :(

No way? That's surprising. I'm sure he'll land somewhere anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Next week is gonna be tough. EZ, Kourtnei and CJ all get cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭KeithWoodshead

Just saw that on twitter. Just goes to show how competitive it must be because I thought he was a shoe-in. Seems like and all-round great guy

If he wasn't to make it in the NFL would ye have prospects for playing the game in Canada or Europe? Can you make decent money out of it?

Next week is gonna be tough. EZ, Kourtnei and CJ all get cut.

Definitely the best Hard Knocks in years!!!

Brown driving home to see his kids without his seatbelt on :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

it seems Charles James has been signed to the Ravens practice squad

phatkev wrote: »
    it seems Charles James has been signed to the Ravens practice squad

Just came on to post this after seeing it.

Woohoo! :D

Well, I take back everything I said pre-series about thinking it would be a snore fest. The Texans series was easily the best series of Hard Knocks since the Jets in 2010.

It was tough seeing James, E.Z. and Brown cut but at James landed on my Ravens' practice squad, Brown was claimed on waivers by the first team that had the chance (Buccaneers) and E.Z. made the Dolphins practice squad too. I'd like to see it work out for those guys.

Nice touch from Rick Smith with the socks for Charles James too :pac:

J.J. Watt and the lads on the private jet to the Wisconsin game. What a life!

• Advertisement

Yeah, best season yet. I was impressed with the coaching staff, particularly BoB and Vrabel. Last season with the Falcons, you knew Smith wasn't up to much, and his sacking was immenient. I could play for Bill O'Brien, my kind of coach. He'll **** you out of it, but no problem putting his arm around you, and giving credit when it's due.

Advertisement