Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Use of idea without acknowledgement.

Options
  • 02-09-2014 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭

I won't go into specifics, just looking for some thoughts.

If someone had sent an idea or concept for a product and hears nothing back, then 4 years later a very, very similar product is released throughout the world. Would there be much point in pursuing it further? I have proof.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Did you patent the product?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It's not something you would patent, it's a concept for a videogame. At the time I was told to make a copy of the e-mail, put it on a disk and post it to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭234

There is no intellectual property in an idea; just the means by which it was expressed. Breach of confidence might be a potential avenue.

If this is really worth something to you then go see a solicitor.

Acknowledgements aren't really legally relevant in most cases. If somebody has intellectual property in something then you can't use it without permission, if they don't then no acknowledgement is necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Yeah, I might just ask around a few places since it made an awful lot of money at the time and they should have at least contacted me about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭234

they should have at least contacted me about it.

Beyond and moral answer, why?

• Advertisement
Advertisement