Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on the area around Lourdes Hospital, Drogheda

Options
  • 05-10-2015 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Any opinions on what the area around the Lourdes Hospital, Drogheda is like mainly Bothar Brugha & Boyle O'Reilly estates? Is it quiet enough? Any anti-social behaviour?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Nope both areas are fine. Stay away from Moneymore , Brookville and any of the larger estates and your grand. Are you looking at renting?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 pen123

Thanks. Looking to buy or perhaps rent in the area around the hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

There's always issues with parking around the hospital, as people don't want to pay the car park charges (the short term car park is exorbitant, the most expensive in the country) so if you drive, make sure you have a driveway or space for your car as it can be difficult to get on street parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭PGE1970

You don't say what type of property that you require (house in estate, green areas etc) but areas such as Ashfield, Mellifont Park, Oaklawns, Georgian Close etc are all within walking distance of the hospital and are good for families.

Bothar Brugha, Cearnog Brugha, Church Street, Parkview & Boyle O'Reilly would generally, in my opinion, have older residents.

I would agree with on street parking being an issue in those older areas though.

Reading between the lines, and knowing there's a house for sale in Boyle O' Reilly, i'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say that you're interested in it and unfamiliar with the area.

If it's the house that I'm thinking of, then you'd need to factor in the cost of adding a driveway to the garden, as you'd otherwise never get parking (that is; assuming you drive or would need to - the house is practically on the town, so if you were working in the town itself a car might seem a bit overkill unless you wanted it for recreational use also).

The area would be heavily congested with traffic at peak times and in many evenings (there is a running track, Lourdes Stadium, behind these houses, which is relatively active and would have people parking all over the place using it).

Assuming you did a drive-way in the garden and got some decent windows/doors for sound-proofing, you'd be in a great spot in general. The area is mostly older people so I can't imagine the neighbours being much of a hassle.

Biggest issue really would just be the traffic, really. Very busy area and as it's on a road that's beside a few housing estates, with no speed bumps and that's fairly lengthy, I've seen (heard!) more than a few boy racers making it their F1 track. You'd also have the occasional grumble of sirens (Ambulances coming to the hospital).

All in all there are better places in Drogheda, but if you were getting it at the right price you'd snap up that house in O Reilly (or at least, if i had the cash on the hip and was looking for a house, I'd go for it). You could possibly do a tad better, but you could definitely do a lot worse.

• Advertisement
Advertisement