Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No sound from HDMI on Acer Apire 5920G

Options
  • 23-11-2008 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi All,

Does anyone have the laptop above? I just got one and tried today to plug it into my tv via hdmi cable. Great picture, no sound.

I have gone into the sound settings via the control panel and have selected hdmi output. Still no sound. No life in the little gren equalizer either beside the hdmi settings. Only beside the internal speakers.

Can anybody help me on this as it's proving rather annoying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,891 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Set the Realtek Digital Output to default.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Don't you need to run a seperate output to the sound input on the Tv?
    Well if i'm right,you just run it from a headphone output to the 3.5mm jack on your T.v(well atleast my tv has one)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Well if i'm right,you just run it from a headphone output to the 3.5mm jack on your T.v(well atleast my tv has one)

Not with HDMI,works perfect with my laptop to TV

• Registered Users Posts: 81,891 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Nope, HDMI doesnt mean High Definition Media Interface for nothing. works perfect on my lappy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Sorry just when i looked at the back of ax xbox they had the HDMI output and audio,my bad..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭dohda

Hi All,

I tried using the extra cable from the headphone jack just for the hell of it and it made no difference.

After setting the realtek digital output as the default it did show up with the green equaliser bars but I still got no sound. Not from a DVD or a stored movie bith of which play sound fine through comp speakers.

I'm glad everyone elses seems to be working fine but any ideas what may be wrong with mine??

Advertisement