Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Update 10.4.3.

• 02-11-2005 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Ok so did the software update to 10.4.3. and one powerbook, is happy, one iMac is very ill! Be aware there seems to be some probs with this update. iMac is stuck in start up, with no real fix being made ready, bar a reinstall. Would like to hear other peoples views on this, good, bad or simply waiting for apple to sort it out. I note on other boards I'm not alone here...

:mad: :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭babypink

did my PB yesterday...no hassles at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

Did you update or archive-and-install?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Sarunas

no problems on ibook so far(well, synergy2 was acting up for the first time this morning - i turned it off and it would come back up again, its fine now). the reboot after the update took 5-10 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Sarunas wrote:
    . . . . the reboot after the update took 5-10 minutes.

Ditto here on a G3 iBook but fine after that. Also fine on PowerMac Dual G5 and OS X Server G4 500.

ZEN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Working fine on a PowerBook G4, though I feel it is a little sluggish?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Jesus, by the sounds of these posts, I'm glad I didn't update to it yet for my iBook!, I guess I'll just wait until they update the update..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I usually leave my iBook G4 Folding when I'm at home, but lately OSX has been logging off & activating FileVault early. That and it lost a few application preferences (esp browser defaulting to Safari a few times!)
    However, it could be like that cos I installed OS 9 support at the same time... Oh well. Nothing major has broken, anyway w/10.4.3 yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Updated my iMac g5, and clean installed my powerbook g4 to 10.4.3

Everything grand now, airport seems more robust

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

My iBook G4 (newest iteration) took a worryingly long time to reboot (about 10 minutes, I think) but is now working fine. Core Image thingies seem faster than before, no other obvious differences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭HomunQlus

Try this first:

Open
    Macintosh HD / Applications / Utilities / Disk Utility

Select your drive and click

Repair Permissions

Reboot when this is done. Should do the trick for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

deecom wrote:
    Ok so did the software update to 10.4.3. and one powerbook, is happy, one iMac is very ill! Be aware there seems to be some probs with this update. iMac is stuck in start up, with no real fix being made ready, bar a reinstall. Would like to hear other peoples views on this, good, bad or simply waiting for apple to sort it out. I note on other boards I'm not alone here...

:mad: :confused:

Fecked my PowerBook Lombard 333 (yeak I know, it isn't a qualified machine) and the upgrade went fine on my TiBook. Reinstalled the Lom using the combo updater (often the best policy) and all is well.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭JimiMac

I had the same problems with my iMac G5. I was on the phone to Applecare for over an hour trying allsorts (file permissions etc). In the end I was told I had a corrupted hard drive and to do a reinstall (but to be aware that I might lose all my files!). Of course there was no mention of there being a problem with the upgrade.

hughchal wrote:
    Fecked my PowerBook Lombard 333 (yeak I know, it isn't a qualified machine) and the upgrade went fine on my TiBook. Reinstalled the Lom using the combo updater (often the best policy) and all is well.

Actually, after a few days my impression is that Mail is acting strangely with my .Mac account - taking ages to sync and weirdly enough stuff is appearing in Drafts when it shouldn't. Apple discussions are full of problems with Mail and the 10.4.3 update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭HomunQlus

Solution for Mail required?

Thunderbird. ;)

HomunQlus wrote:
    Solution for Mail required?

Thunderbird. ;)

Nope. I'm not going there. I like the fact that Mail is Spotlight-friendly which Thunderbird doesn't appear to be, and I'm hopeful that Apple will be mindful of the large number of people who appear to be complaining about Mail under 10.4.3 and thus fix whatever the problem is.

Nearly all of my accounts are IMAP and pretty much anything that's important is stored on the servers. If Thunderbird was Spotlight-friendly then I'd give it a lash, sure.

Advertisement