Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electric heating...

• 27-05-2014 1:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭

We've just moved into an apartment with electric heating and having heard so many horror stories about whopper electricity bills I'm a bit concerned! In the sitting room and the bedroom there's Dimplex heaters (not storage heaters) on the wall with a built in timer on each so they can be set separately. In the bathroom there's a Dimplex heater over the door that you can just turn on when needed (although the smell of burning from this one makes me very wary!).

We're renting so don't have many options but I was wondering is there a more energy efficient heater we could buy and plug in that would work better than the ones that are already here? The apartment is about 20 years old and I'd say the radiators are the originals

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,155 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

We've just moved into an apartment with electric heating and having heard so many horror stories about whopper electricity bills I'm a bit concerned! In the sitting room and the bedroom there's Dimplex heaters (not storage heaters) on the wall with a built in timer on each so they can be set separately. In the bathroom there's a Dimplex heater over the door that you can just turn on when needed (although the smell of burning from this one makes me very wary!).

We're renting so don't have many options but I was wondering is there a more energy efficient heater we could buy and plug in that would work better than the ones that are already here? The apartment is about 20 years old and I'd say the radiators are the originals

What does the ber cert say? If the apartment is well insulated the electric heaters will be fine.

The blow heater in the bathroom is not expensive to run. If it (or any electric appliance) smells of burning do NOT use till it is checked by a qualified electrician.

Advertisement