Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do after handing in a CV

Options
  • 22-02-2015 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

After a person hands in their CV to the manager of some business, what would be the best thing to do in the following few days?

I myself have handed in a CV to one or two places that have positions available, and it seems to me that I am being somewhat counterproductive sitting around waiting for a phone call or an e-mail from them.

I have some confidence that I may have a real chance of getting this job, and naturally I want to do whatever I can to increase my chances.

Would it be a bad idea to go them a few days after handing the CV to inquire about an interview? I am quite new at this so I would appreciate any advice given :)

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Got two of my jobs by ringing up a few days later, just looking to follow up on whether they had received my C.V.

You'd want to be talking to the manager or person responsible for hires and interviews though. Shows eagerness and interest in the job. All nice traits for any potential employer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Got two of my jobs by ringing up a few days later, just looking to follow up on whether they had received my C.V.

You'd want to be talking to the manager or person responsible for hires and interviews though. Shows eagerness and interest in the job. All nice traits for any potential employer.

In my experience most times you only get to talk to a secretary.

Advertisement