Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T90 XR No power

Options
  • 25-05-2014 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hoping someone can help me. I was using our Triton T90 XR this morning and it worked fine. When my wife went to use about 15 minutes later there is no power in it at all. The light in the safety switch is on but ges off when hyou try to power up the shower. At no stage is there a light on the shower. I opened up the switch and shower and nothing obvious has come loose.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,907 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Hoping someone can help me. I was using our Triton T90 XR this morning and it worked fine. When my wife went to use about 15 minutes later there is no power in it at all. The light in the safety switch is on but ges off when hyou try to power up the shower. At no stage is there a light on the shower. I opened up the switch and shower and nothing obvious has come loose.

You have a faulty pull cord switch. The shower is working perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Delboy33

@tpmcompany1. Thanks for the advice, I will try and fit a new pull cord switch this evening and let you know if that fixes the problem. I have a 9.5kw shower, is there a certain ampage I should get. The standard seems to be 45AMP DOUBLE POLE

@tpmcompany1. Thanks for the advice, I will try and fit a new pull cord switch this evening and let you know if that fixes the problem. I have a 9.5kw shower, is there a certain ampage I should get. The standard seems to be 45AMP DOUBLE POLE
    The cheap ones burn out. Woodies only have cheap ones. I'd go to an electrical wholesaler. Personally I'd be looking for a 50amp or higher.

It is a possibility that the fuse at the fuse box is faulty but much more likely that it is the pull cord.

Thanks, I will let you know how I get on.

@tpmcompany1. A new pull cord fixed the problem. Thank you so much for your advice, you saved me a fortune.

• Advertisement

@tpmcompany1. A new pull cord fixed the problem. Thank you so much for your advice, you saved me a fortune.

Delighted I could help.

Advertisement