Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacement motorised valve

• 26-05-2014 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭

Anyone able to recommend anywhere online where i can pick up the same or generic version of the motorised valve in the pic. Tried contacting the company but was told someone would ring me back, that's a week ago. Local hardware supplier don't supply them and have completely different models with different fittings. Just looking to change the motor, bot the entire valve setup.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Sorry, please find pic in this post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Egass13

hallo dare wrote: »
    Sorry, please find pic in this post.

Heatmerchants . Either EPH or SAUTER actuator will replace it . About €45 inc vat

Egass13 wrote: »
    Heatmerchants . Either EPH or SAUTER actuator will replace it . About €45 inc vat

Cheers for that, it was eph i was referring to when i said i was still waiting on a call back. Guess one man and his valve isn't good enough business for the big boys. Will try sauter, thanks for info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

EPH are Sauter, Sauter are EPH.

Any Heatmerchants, DPL, HEVAC or Chadwicks will have the replacement.
    There is a 5 year warranty with the new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭shane 007

Buy 2 for when the new one fails again!

• Advertisement

shane 007 wrote: »
    Buy 2 for when the new one fails again!

Incase it fails in year six:)

JohnnieK wrote: »
    Incase it fails in year six:)

But they don't return calls years 1 - 5 :)

But they don't return calls years 1 - 5 :)

Ha, seems to look like that!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

I find eph to be as reliable as any other.

and iv gotten 3 under warranty and never a bother or delay

corkgsxr wrote: »
    I find eph to be as reliable as any other.

and iv gotten 3 under warranty and never a bother or delay

This would be my 3rd replacement

• Advertisement

hallo dare wrote: »
    This would be my 3rd replacement

The motor in the pic was a sh1t model. The newer one's are ok.

And any issue's I've come across have been poorly located ie down beside a lovely hot cylinder and even under the lagging jacket on one or towels wedged in between them. They need free air movement.

And I've never had issue's with there after sales.

I had a faulty programmable room stat (one of the older one's) that was 3 month's out of warranty and they covered it.

They all have there problems. I've had to replace all 3 of my myson motors over the last two year's.

The motor in the pic was a sh1t model. The newer one's are ok.

And any issue's I've come across have been poorly located ie down beside a lovely hot cylinder and even under the lagging jacket on one or towels wedged in between them. They need free air movement.

And I've never had issue's with there after sales.

I had a faulty programmable room stat (one of the older one's) that was 3 month's out of warranty and they covered it.

They all have there problems. I've had to replace all 3 of my myson motors over the last two year's.

Iv given up on most myson products besides basic valves.

There thermostatic heads are very unreliable. The motorised valves are boody dear and are nothing special.

Iv given up on most myson products besides basic valves.

There thermostatic heads are very unreliable. The motorised valves are boody dear and are nothing special.

I have rarely replaced Myson MV. Regularly replaced EPH.
    I also like the Myson Petite TRV. Had only ever one issue with a leaking innards.

I have rarely replaced Myson MV. Regularly replaced EPH.
    I also like the Myson Petite TRV. Had only ever one issue with a leaking innards.

Iv replaced feck loads of there normal trvs. Not that old ones either.

I could be wrong with prices but afaik there over double the price of a eph MV

I could be wrong with prices but afaik there over double the price of a eph MV

€45 + vodka & tonic

€45 + vodka & tonic

That must be where im going wrong with my plumbing on a daily basis. Just not drinking enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

EPH are Sauter, Sauter are EPH.

Any Heatmerchants, DPL, HEVAC or Chadwicks will have the replacement.
    There is a 5 year warranty with the new one.

New valves have been totaly redesigned, better electricty, no PCB, new plug that shouldn't burn out !!! (had a few) better leak proof valve body. Plug adaptor for old type leads
    (which I personal do not recommend useing ie the old flat plug) rewire it.

Time will tell.

I'm not promoting them but legaly I have to say yer man bought me a pint in Dublin show.

I perfer Myson.

Oh, and Guinness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭redtelephone

I used these guys for Myson, shipping is steep enough, comes to about 10 euro, (4.50 sterling + 3.50 euro Parcel Motel) but they're pretty quick, about 3 days in all.

http://www.uk-plumbing.com/myson-2-port-power-extra-28mm-zone-valve-p-1431.html

BTW, instructions say they are not suitable for continuous operation, so is it best to have them powered only when heating is on? Would this lengthen their life?

I used these guys for Myson, shipping is steep enough, comes to about 10 euro, (4.50 sterling + 3.50 euro Parcel Motel) but they're pretty quick, about 3 days in all.

Why? They are dearer than buying from local supplier plus you will need to change the nuts & olives to suit Irish copper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

BTW, instructions say they are not suitable for continuous operation, so is it best to have them powered only when heating is on? Would this lengthen their life?

Yes or & through a thermostat.
    + shop local, way cheaper for Myson

What area are you in?

• Advertisement

Why? They are dearer than buying from local supplier plus you will need to change the nuts & olives to suit Irish copper.

The nuts. The threads are to fine for 3/4 nuts.
    Or do they have standard 3/4 threads like the eph one's.

I've only changed the motors not the valve.

I always change both the nuts & olives as I find the olive can pull through a bit. Most likely fine but I never like or trust when you can see the olive. It always looks over-tightened.
    The nuts are their own one, more flat than a standard nut.

I always change both the nuts & olives as I find the olive can pull through a bit. Most likely fine but I never like or trust when you can see the olive. It always looks over-tightened.
    The nuts are their own one, more flat than a standard nut.

Are the threads on the valve fine like a danfoss valve or like a compression fitting?

Compression

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Hey all and sorry to jump in but a quick question. Would anyone know a direct replacement for this 2 port motorised valve for my central heating system

https://imgur.com/qTf9lPh

Advertisement