Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Expansion pipes

• 23-05-2014 3:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭

My heating system originally had two loops, we had a back boiler and oil burner... have since removed the back boiler and capped the pipes that went into it beside the chimney.

I am left with two expansion pipes into the supply tank in the attic now.. I assume it is fine to cap the second one that was originally on the solid fuel loop?

My reason being... I plan to T the supply tank feed into the other expansion pipe to avoid the system pitching. As is the system is okay but if I close off any of the TRVs it will pitch. If I T into one expansion pipe I assume the second will continue to pitch.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭esox28

If you have identified which is feed and expansion is serving each heat source.! It would be fine to cap the solid fuel side if redundant.

if the system still continues to pitch or getting a cross flow circulation there maybe other issues i.e. F and e pipe work position, system blockage, pump position etc.

Maybe post some pics of hotpress and f and e tank for clarification.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

esox28 wrote: »
    If you have identified which is feed and expansion is serving each heat source.! It would be fine to cap the solid fuel side if redundant.

if the system still continues to pitch or getting a cross flow circulation there maybe other issues i.e. F and e pipe work position, system blockage, pump position etc.

Maybe post some pics of hotpress and f and e tank for clarification.

I will get some pictures and a diagram together. The issue with the pitching is down to the feed pipe being on the wrong side of the pump from what I recall

Advertisement