Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Apprentice U.K (series 8)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

obviously katie is a gonner
    edited all the way through to show her doing nothing !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Is this for a job or for investment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I assume it will be the pm who goes....

I'll go mad if Bilyana is fired. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

Heroditas wrote: »
    I'll go mad if Bilyana is fired. :mad:

Nah they'll definitely keep her in just to wind people up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

I assume it will be the pm who goes....

I hope not - she's just not as feisty as the others, I'd live to see her in action out of the pm role, I think she'd flourish. She's very personable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,066 ✭✭✭✭neris

deelite wrote: »
    Is this for a job or for investment?

Investment just like irish one

Bilyana should just say "the other girls picked on me and isolated me because I'm hawt" :p

Heroditas wrote: »
    Bilyana should just say "the other girls picked on me and isolated me because I'm hawt" :p

the man and the women are much more attractive than the irish one, maybe it's the lighting!!

Look at Tom last year - quiet as a mouse for the most part, I think AS knew he'd be easy to work with.

Good woman Gabrielle, defend yourself!!!

• Advertisement

Billyane is laughing she's looks like Kate midletin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

1966 wrote: »
    obviously katie is a gonner
    edited all the way through to show her doing nothing !!

I'd be more inclined to say Gabrielle! PM usually always gone in the first task!

Ha Lord Sugar just said resume-ay. I'll only be pronouncing it like that from now on!

Head girl....

Oh That's a surprise!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Bah Sugar always fires people from a corporate background. It's getting boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭afatbollix

If she just kept her mouth shut... and her eyebrows down..

Jesus maybe if she had of shut up a bit, nobody likes a beggar!!!

Really didn't think she would be the one to go though!

think katie was saved only by the other ones ranting at the end !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Think she protested a little too much. Was sick listening to her myself

Well now, that's a shocker!:eek:

• Advertisement

Disgraceful decision. :(

But it makes sense if he's looking for an investment. She's was a right twonk talking over him like that, how irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭youreadthis

Serves her right for going on about "humble beginnings".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,066 ✭✭✭✭neris

Dont think I coukd bare 12 weeks listening to her just aswell shes gone

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Most impressive: Bilyana and Azhar. If I had to pick two for the final right now it's these two

Good call :P

Hard to pick who to fire here, nobody was outstandingly bad.

I liked the female PM, Gabrielle. Hard to get a grip on the contestants this early though.

Gotta love Dara!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭_petulia_

Loved the first task.

The girl's design was very clever, I would have bought from them.

Sterling was a good name, Phoenix - less so.

I was very surprised that Bilyana went, she did make some wrong moves but at least she wasn't quiet and contributed, Katie was non-existent to the point where it was obvious she wanted someone else to mess up so that she would be overlooked in the boardroom.

Overall I think they picked a very interesting group of candidates this year, the next 11 weeks should be interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Ive watched every Apprentice since it started, last year was kind of disappointing. There seems to be some strong characters in it this year, hopefully it will be more watchable. I think the one that got fired dug her own grave when she wouldnt be quiet when Sugar was talking. It was a pity she went on the first night i was sure the blonde one would be fired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I like the Irish guy Stephen and Duane, the black guy
    Might go far

The Irish girl is a headwrecker

The girls graphics were excellent.
    Something I'd buy for a niece or nephew, well done to the designer

Ive watched every Apprentice since it started, last year was kind of disappointing. There seems to be some strong characters in it this year, hopefully it will be more watchable. I think the one that got fired dug her own grave when she wouldnt be quiet when Sugar was talking. It was a pity she went on the first night i was sure the blonde one would be fired.

I think if she had been quiet she wouldn't have been fired. Pity for her.

• Advertisement

Nina_G wrote: »
    I think if she had been quiet she wouldn't have been fired. Pity for her.

I agree, Katie said nothing and contributed very little to the task and was spared.

What were the boys team thinking of trying to flog that teddy bear for £15? ... never going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

ahhhh it's back!!!!! and dara o' briein too:D my wednesday nights are complete!!!

genuinely thought that the blonde wan was gone. Bilyana had a chance until she kept opening her mouth. jaysus. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭recyclebin

For those who were thinking the Irish girl looks very familiar: McEvoy Family Foods featured on the Irish Apprentice television programme with her Self Heating Bento Box in November 2010. Took a bit of googling to find that and I knew I saw her somewhere before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Bobsammy

Herself and her husband also featured on an episode of Nationwide a few weeks ago. They make all the soups for Super Valu! Was really annoying me last night trying to work out how I recognised her!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

My Word the irish girl is a clown. All she did all task was moan and complain. Made sure she had herself covered if things went wrong.
    Katie did absolutely nothing. The girl who got fired got herself fired in the boardroom, I'm certain Sugar was going to fire Katie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Nice that there are Irish candidates in it. Enjoyed the first episode. Not surprised by who was fired though gabby I think should have been fired to an extent she worked hard but don't think she had a good sense of direction of the team and didn't over see it as well as she should have regarding making decisions, katie didn't do much hopefully she shine soon. The girl who got fired, she took over far too much and not let others sell. It was her own fault for the way she behaved that cost them loosing their task so she would be to blame more than gabby.

Loved the girl's design but not keen on the guys one. Though was so sure the girls would sell more than the boys but what happened in the end by both teams wasn't great regards to their selling! I thought the boys had botched the job that lead to disaster and would loose but guess the winning team in the end would get more sales and profits so they were the fair winners though the girls put in more effort and hard work on the stall by customising the baby clothes for customers, very good idea. The girls should have gone to the zoo earlier though too they could have sold more. Big difference between 600 and 200 euro profit margins aprox.

Liked the 1st task with the design and stuff, simple enough task really. A task both teams should have done very well in. Have they got the talent to prove sugar!?

A bit different to the Irish crew, see how much they compare but really liking the UK version!

Looking forward to the next episode.

This will test the Irish one, see is she as good as she says she is.

ooooooooooooooooh not such a good idea to fall asleep on the job there...

• Advertisement
Advertisement