Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who are frontline workers (occupations)?

• 10-10-2011 3:46am

Howdy,

Not sure if this is the right place to stick this, but not sure of any better suited forums.

Anyway, silly question, perhaps, but just wondering who exactly qualifies as a frontline worker? Thinking of a little photo project in my head.

As far as I know the following are considered "frontline";

Garda
    Fire Officer
    Paramedic
    Teacher
    Nurse
    Doctor/Surgeon (I presume this is only the Doctors in hospitals? Is a GP "frontline"?)

Who else falls under the 'frontline' umbrella? Are the lads and lassies sweeping the streets considered frontline, too?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 843 ✭✭✭maygitchell

Hookers, Coke, Atari Chocolate Sponge Cake

Pat "the plank" Kenny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Indispensible workers who can hold the country to ransom: doctors, nurses, garda, prison officers, electricity workers ...

You know. The underpaid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1023

OP have a read through here, might be of some help to you.

hondasam wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1023

OP have a read through here, might be of some help to you.

I post there regularly, and while I'm aware that the Emergency service personnel are 'frontline', I'm trying to figure out who else is considered same.

kincsem, hadn't thought of prison officer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

What IS the frontline? Anyone calling to houses? Electricians, plumbers, builders, utility Cos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭noxqs

Soldiers on the front and doctors in "Doctors without borders". Everyone else is just posers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

Chuggers, they stand on the street trying to extort money from the public.
    They are the bravest of us all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

"Frontline workers" makes it sound like these people were in a bloody war, not just staffing hospitals & Garda stations.

It might be applicable to the likes of the Fire Services, but it's still a bit of an over exaggerated term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Isnt this just a term for the person on to of a dole queue?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

anyone who deals with customers face to face is a frontline worker i would assume

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

In a broad sense,everyone is a frontline worker,because you must face to everything with yourself to live !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Retail workers are frontline too, they have to deal with the prospect of junkie attacks\armed robbers every day but we don't hear about those worker perils that often as their pay ain't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭susita06

social workers, social care workers, SNA's etc ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

meh, according to wikianswers....
    Any employee with direct contact with customers and/or with direct involvement with the money making process in their respective company.

Advertisement