Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

would you try crystal meth?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

jaysus no, id rather not haha

im only ever downtown for business and its usually bloor/king east/queen west/richmond/yonge

based on what im hearing here, i'll be keeping it to those places in future too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

herosa wrote: »
    I got the shock of my life in Toronto. One guy tried to reach out and steal my bag when we are having coffee. The next morning I was standing outside the hotel having a smoke waiting for my OH to come down. This down and out made a move towards me to mug me and only swerved away cos a coach load of tourists started pouring out of the bus. It makes Lower Abbey St Dublin look like a kiddies playground. Toronto is crawling with down and outs. It shattered any romantic notion of the place I had very quickly. What is it about it I wonder?

I live in Toronto and have never had a problem. The thing with the dodgier areas is (a) you have to know where they are and (b) don't go there at night. The couple of areas in Toronto that are dodgy look normal enough during the day - it's at night when the crackheads and the dealers and the hookers and all sorts come out.

You will see a lot of people living on the streets here unfortunately; the city does a bad job of taking care of them. I would imagine that's not going to get any better now that Rob Ford is in charge.

Back on topic, no I would never do meth. I'm not a drugs person in any case but meth is just the pits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I have a couple of American friends from Baltimore, and apparently meth is rife there. They said it is the most hideously destructive drug. Extremely addictive, makes people a bit crazy and a serious life-ruiner. Apparently there are even adverts on American television with images of the long-term effects of meth in an attempt to deter people from going near it. It's becoming more and more popular too. It hasn't quite reached Ireland yet, but if it does, it's gonna be scary I suspect.

So, no. You couldn't pay me to try it.

Also, like someone said already, one episode of Breaking Bad should put anyone off it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Yes I would try it, gotta try everything once otherwise you just havent lived.
    Have you tried lighting youself on fire? Or throwing yourself in front of some cars?

You haven't lived dude...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

My best mate moved to Australia, got addicted to meth and after 2 years of struggling he committed suicide. Their should be zero tolerance to meth in this country, from drug dealers to guards no one should want to see this stuff in our country. It's a soul destroyer worse than anything else by an unimaginable margin (except maybe that **** in Russia and I don't even want to think about that as i could not get the images out of mind for weeks). Heroine is relatively healthy compared to what meth is capable of.

Probably not even worth joking about it in AH because if it did become common place in a county that suffers from addiction like Ireland it would impossible to recover from.

People rob people for heroine , people kill people for meth ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I saw firsthand what this drug does and how devastating it can be.
    Turns the most beautiful people into disgusting, dangerous, and ultimately, dead ones.
    It's evil. Proper scary evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭herosa

I live in Toronto and have never had a problem. The thing with the dodgier areas is (a) you have to know where they are and (b) don't go there at night.

I hadnt a clue where I was-typical tourist passing through but all this happened during the day.

If you say it isnt like that normally I will take your word for it cos you live there and I was there for 3 days but it DID happen.Maybe I was there during a full moon or something but they were everywhere and I mean everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

k.p.h wrote: »
    It's a soul destroyer worse than anything else by an unimaginable margin (except maybe that **** in Russia and I don't even want to think about that as i could not get the images out of mind for weeks).

Whats this **** in Russia??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

daveyeh wrote: »

In soviet Russia meth take you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I have always thought of it as being the 'Yellow Pack of Crack' so, no thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

People are exaggerating it's dangers.

Tis just something small to get the kids to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Seachmall wrote: »
    People are exaggerating it's dangers.

Tis just something small to get the kids to sleep.
    LOL sleep on meth :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I blame that show Breaking Bad.

It's making all the kids cook meth, just like that film Pretty Woman turned millions of young girls into whores.

If you though heroin was bad in the 80s/90s, you haven't seen anything yet. I'll deal with junkies. I want nothing to do with someone on meth.

Ireland is in for a very rude awakening with meth.

It will be called Mett or Meh in Ireland, not MeTHHHH!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

the first chap top left grew his hair back so its not all bad :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Joan Blackburn is supposed to be mad into the drug, as are are all the crew in the Met office.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Creamsoda

I think its krokodil. Have a look on youtube, best to do it on an empty stomach though, its horrible stuff. Rots your flesh and highly addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭herosa

It will be called Mett or Meh in Ireland, not MeTHHHH!

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

Lets just hope that crystal meth doesn't get popular in Ireland...
    The last thing we need is a cheap drug that can be made from items found in your local pharmacy, the labs are also quite prone to explosions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

Creamsoda wrote: »
    I think its krokodil. Have a look on youtube, best to do it on an empty stomach though, its horrible stuff. Rots your flesh and highly addictive.

well thats me scarred :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

Article makes no sense.

The reason crystal meth is popular is that anyone who knows a bit of chemistry can make it in their kitchen. Why would you bother smuggling it across international borders?

I don't think I'd take it. I wouldn't really worry about the addiction aspect: you actually need to work a little bit to get properly addicted to something. On the other hand, I've seen friends of mine on it. You stay awake for at least thirty hours, then experience a horrific, crushing comedown that lasts a day or two. Looks pretty offputting, really.

Laisurg wrote: »
    Lets just hope that crystal meth doesn't get popular in Ireland...
    The last thing we need is a cheap drug that can be made from items found in your local pharmacy, the labs are also quite prone to explosions.

Give grants for meth labs in ghosts estate, lot of unemployed pharma workers out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Watch the Louis Theroux documentary : The City addicted to Crystal Meth. Think it's on youtube (I'd post a link but I'm in work and it's blocked.) Very interesting.
    You should watch a documentary called reefer madness, apparently cannabis makes you jump out windows. You can always tell how dangerous a drug is by how much it makes you want to jump out windows.

If they want to guarantee people won't use meth just let them take the drugs meth is a substitute for.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

Creamsoda wrote: »

That is some of the most disgusting **** I have EVER seen...

I need a hit of meth...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭LaFlammeRouge

Crystal Meth?

Go with Christ, brah.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Creamsoda

well thats me scarred :(
    That is some of the most disgusting **** I have EVER seen...

I need a hit of meth...

Yeah its pretty messed up alright. I don't think any amount of meth will wipe that from your memory. I saw it at the start of the summer and it sticks in my mind to this day :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I've done a fair bit of Methin me time, didnt fcuk me up, I didnt sudenly find myself running out onto the Street muggin old ladys so I coud buy a Hit.

what I did notice however was the diminishing High from it, First time was great, and each subsequent Hit was just a little Less so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Walter White makes the best crystal over 96% pure baby:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

actually surprised its taken so long to get here.....

should of kept meph legal ! very mild in comparison if this 5hit kicks off

Advertisement